Co-funded by KTN and the Faraday Battery Challenge, the Cross-Sector Battery Systems (CSBS) Innovation Network aims to:
- foster and develop the UK supply chain for battery systems beyond the automotive sector
- identify cross-sector common user needs for battery systems
- make it easier for UK battery systems users to find UK supply chain partners
- enable better battery related UK networking and collaboration
- provide a consolidated voice for an emerging supply chain
SIGN UP now to join this community and network with sector leaders. Members will receive exclusive access to a report from WMG titled ‘From Research and Manufacturing to Application and End of Life – Enabling Electrification Across Sectors’ which looks at battery targets and priorities across sectors, from 2020 to 2035.
As the UK moves towards its Net Zero goals, developing and future-proofing battery systems could be one of the solutions to this global challenge. The CSBS Innovation Network community will share knowledge around the challenges and opportunities associated with batteries for a broad range of sectors such as aerospace, rail, maritime, stationary storage and other niche applications.
KTN is developing a Hub which will be an online resource for:
- creating an open and collaborative cross-sectoral community for researchers and innovators in battery manufacturing (including next generation batteries), the related supply chain and end-users
- opening new markets for the battery industry, by introducing this community to new sectors, thus supporting the growth of UK economy
- promoting innovation in batteries by identifying technical gaps for their introduction to various sectors
- helping decarbonise a wide range of end-users from rail, maritime, aviation, construction etc. by enabling the adoption of batteries, thus supporting the Net Zero agenda
In addition to convening this community with the Innovation Network, KTN supports various related ISCF programmes such as the Faraday Battery Challenge, Driving the Electric Revolution and Future Flight.