Adopting AI in Manufacturing: How to Access KTP Funding to Close Your Knowledge Gap
Manufacturing businesses are invited to join our interactive roundtables to explore the uses of AI within their operations, and learn how to access KTP funding to address their challenges.
Despite the impact of Covid-19 and Brexit, the UK manufacturing sector showed strong growth in 2021 (MarkItEconomics, 2022); however, in the light of the current geopolitical situation, supply chains have been further disrupted triggering input-cost inflation. Furthermore, maintaining a skilled workforce still represents a challenge.
Continued growth and productivity can be enabled – in part – by focusing on technology adoption and automation, which in turn will drive the required upskilling and workforce productivity the sector needs, while cutting costs. In order to achieve this, we are keen to support strategic initiatives around the adoption of AI, especially for SMEs and businesses that have been affected by the current global challenges.
The AI team at Innovate UK KTN, in collaboration with the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme and the Manufacturing Made Smarter Innovation Network will deliver two virtual interactive sessions where manufacturing businesses from all sectors will have the opportunity to explore the uses of Artificial Intelligence within their operations.
During these sessions, we will also help identify projects that can be funded through the KTP programme – an open competition which offers support rates between 50-75% of the eligible project costs, that links forward thinking businesses with the UK’s world class knowledge bases to deliver innovation projects. During the webinars, attendees will get the chance to learn further details about the programme, with dedicated KTP Advisers available to facilitate the discussions and help shape potential projects and consortiums.
Target audience and deadline
Manufacturing businesses active in any sector, regardless of their size.
The aim of the webinars is to identify businesses or clusters of businesses that could have either similar manufacturing challenges or different challenges sharing the same solution, and to identify businesses interested to lead on a KTP project in order to deliver positive change in a cohesive manner.
The initiative will be delivered as a two hour interactive virtual roundtable on 19th May. The format of the session will be based on the answers that you provide during the application.
Please submit your expression of interest by 9th May 2022 and you will receive a confirmation with the outcome of your application shortly after.
Session 1 | 10:00-12:00
- 10:00 – Session and KTP introduction
- 10:10 – Breakout Rooms – The most pressing manufacturing challenge from the participants
- 10:30 – Facilitator feedback
- 10:40 – What is common among these challenges?
- 11:00 – Break
- 11:10 – KTP presentation
- 11:30 – Facilitated project discussions and partnerships
- 11:50 – Lead and going ahead to apply for KTP funding and next steps
- 12:00 – Q&A, KTP advisers and Meeting Mojo open for private discussions.
Session 2 | 14:00-16:00
- 14:00 – Session and KTP introduction
- 14:10 – Breakout Rooms – The most pressing manufacturing challenge from the participants
- 14:30 – Facilitator feedback
- 14:40 – What is common among these challenges?
- 15:00 – Break
- 15:10 – KTP presentation
- 15:30 – Facilitated project discussions and partnerships
- 15:50 – Lead and going ahead to apply for KTP funding and next steps
- 16:00 – Q&A, KTP advisers and Meeting Mojo open for private discussions