Analysis for Innovators (A4I) Programme, Round 8, Stage 1 Competition Briefing
The Analysis for Innovators (A4I) programme has successfully run seven times between 2016 to 2022. This eighth round of the programme builds upon that experience. Click here for funding details.
Webinar recording is now available
The A4I programme aims to help boost a company’s productivity or competitiveness. It is focused on helping individual companies solve tricky and perhaps long running technical problems affecting existing processes. It achieves this by bringing the UK’s top scientists and facilities, often otherwise inaccessible, together with companies to address problems in innovative ways.
About the Event
Analysis for Innovators (A4I) is a very different type of programme from Innovate UK’s usual grant funding competitions. It funds collaborative innovation projects between the company and one, or more, A4I partner organisations (e.g. the UK’s leading measurement organisations). The partners available may include:
- The National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
- The National Measurement Laboratory at LGC (formerly known as the Laboratory of the Government Chemist)
- The National Engineering Laboratory (NEL)
- The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)
- Newton Gateway to Mathematics
- 10:00 – Welcome and introduction: Simon Yarwood, A4I Programme Lead, Innovate UK KTN
- 10:10 – Competition overview: Jonathan Mitchener, A4I Innovation Lead, Innovate UK and A4I programme partner Caroline Pritchard, Programme Manager, NML
- 11:30 – Q&A Session
- 12:00 – Event Close
For further information on the A4I programme see the A4I website or the individual partner websites.
For further advice or support, please contact the A4i team at Innovate UK KTN.
Analysis for Innovators (A4I) Round 8
Opens: 01/08/2022 Closes: 31/08/2022
UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £3 million to resolve productivity and competitiveness issues by working with top scientists and research facilities. Projects can have costs of up to £120k.