Centre for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CCAV) Industry Engagement Event - POSTPONED
This event has been postponed due to unavoidable circumstances. Registration is currently closed but will reopen as soon as we have a new date confirmed.
The Centre for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CCAV) alongside Innovate UK, Innovate UK KTN and Zenzic invite you to join them in an industry engagement event on 13th of September, 2022, at The Studio, Birmingham.
Future briefings will focus on exploring opportunities to develop the CAM supply chain within the following FIVE Themes:
- Perception & Localisation – Developing solutions that enhance the perception and localisation capabilities of automated driving systems (ADS) supporting safe behaviours, especially around vulnerable road users
- Safety and/or Mission Critical Vehicle Systems – Vehicle systems, subsystems, components or associated computer hardware critical to the safe, secure and reliable deployment of self-driving vehicles
- Advanced Software Solutions – that support the effective delivery of the ADS, including AI, ML and simulation.
- Verification and validation of CAM – Effective and efficient V&V tools and services including those that enhance the delivery of blended virtual and physical solutions, supporting developers, deployers, insurers and assurers.
- Infrastructure – R&D to enhance the delivery of physical and digital infrastructure that supports and enhances the delivery of connected and self-driving vehicles and their services.
The event will be split into two sessions:
“Digital mapping for Automated Vehicles – What do we need?”
In this session we will present options and gain feedback from delegates for any UK mapping requirements to support the roll-out of automated vehicles in the UK.
Speakers to be confirmed.
“UK CAM Supply chain Strategy”
CCAV has outlined its proposal for the Commercialising Connected and Automated Mobility (Commercialising CAM) programme over the three-year spending period, FY 2022/23-2024/25.
This event will provide further details of how CCAV and Innovate UK propose to support the UK CAM sector to accelerate its technological capabilities and scale up commercial operations, therefore improving its global competitiveness. It shall concentrate on focusing R&D to solve problems facing the supply chain and preparing companies as they look to deploy in the UK and expand into global markets.
Speakers will include CCAV, Innovate UK and Zenzic.
Who Should Attend?
This event is aimed at:
- CAM Technology firms, developing novel CAM solutions.
- Local Authorities, Private land Operators, and Fleet Operators seeking to explore innovative CAM solutions and open to engage in leading edge technology projects.
- Vehicle OEM, Tier 1 suppliers, seeking novel CAM, ADAS solutions and open to explore collaborative working projects.
- Academic institutions capable of supporting CAM innovators by accelerating their technological and/or commercialisation opportunities.
The event will be live streamed as well as in-person. In-person spaces for this event are limited, and will be assigned on a first come/ first served basis. Once the in-person event spaces are taken, you will still have the opportunity to attend virtually.
As per previous CCAV briefing events, every one will be offered the opportunity to submit a 1-2 page pitch deck, which will be made publicly available via the KTN website, for all to see, and for those attending in person you will be able to opt-in for the opportunity to present live in-person. (due to time constraints there will be a limit as to how many we can do on the day.)