Engage with...Centre for Future Clean Mobility
Join this webinar to hear how the Centre for Future Clean Mobility specialises in developing new zero emissions, hybrid & electric powertrains, adding value for their partners by helping them to develop supply chains and customers, as well as improving their business systems.
Leading the next generation of clean mobility to make our streets, railways, farms, seas and waterways cleaner and greener
The Centre for Future Clean Mobility at the University of Exeter is innovating technology for the second wave of electrification; i.e. large, complex and demanding vehicles and vessels currently using hydrocarbon fuels.
Webinar recording and slides are now available
Find the slides here.
Approximately 50% of transport emissions are not due to road cars, so it is also essential to develop clean power solutions for other types of vehicles and vessels for the UK to meet its ‘road to zero carbon’ plans. Vehicles such as mobile cranes, off-highway, agricultural vehicles, and vessels such as work boats require clean powertrains capable of much longer endurance and power outputs, operating in harsher conditions, than those developed for road cars. The Centre for Future Mobility is driving innovation, with recent projects including the electric/hybrid Supacat ATMP vehicle, a zero emissions road sweeper with Quattro Group, a zero emissions road-rail vehicle with Quattro Group, and the first seagoing electric ferry with Plymouth Boat Trips.
Join this webinar to hear how the Centre for Future Clean Mobility specialises in developing new zero emissions and hybrid & electric powertrains, as well as integrating these into existing or new vehicles and vessels. We will also explore how the Centre offers an open door for partners, including how it is adding value for partners in helping develop supply chains, customers, and their business systems, and ensuring the clean powertrains work for their businesses. You will also hear more about the Centre’s new facility, opening in September 2021, that will allow design, assembly, and test of clean powertrains of up to 750 kW in one building, providing an ideal location to test and develop PEMD components in a controlled but realistic test environment.
The ISCF Driving the Electric Revolution “Engage with…” webinar series offers leading companies and organisations a platform to present to you:
- Who they are and what they do;
- Their PEMD growth journey/roadmap and what they are doing in PEMD;
- Their challenges and future PEMD supply chain requirements, with a view of exploring future opportunities for partnerships/collaborations/projects.
All with the aim for companies and organisations to seize the economic opportunities from the global transition to clean technologies and electrification.
Webinars | Here’s what’s scheduled for this series
- 7th January | Engage with…Network Rail
- 14th January | Engage with…McLaren Applied
- 4th February | Engage with…Paragraf
- 18th February | Engage with…GreenSpur Wind
- 25th February | Engage with…DTE Network+
- 4th March | Engage with…Arcola Energy
- 11th March | Engage with…Equipmake
- 18th March | Engage with…Electrified Automation
- 8th April | Engage with…PEMD Funding Opportunities
- 15th April | Engage with…Ilmor Engineering
- 29th April | Engage with…YASA
- 6th May | Engage with…Centre for Future Clean Mobility
- 13th May | Engage with…Horizon Europe
- 20th May | Engage with…RNLI
- 27th May | Engage with…Universal Balancing
- 3rd June | Engage with…Driving the Electric Revolution Industrialisation Centre
- 10th June | Engage with…NEMA
- 17th June | Engage With… Future Electrical Machines Manufacturing Hub
- 8th July | Engage with…Magnomatics
- 15th July | Engage with…NPL
- 9th September | Engage with…Dynex Semiconductor
- 23rd September | Engage with…Cummins
- 7th October | Engage with…Electrification of the AgriFood Sector
- 14th October | Engage with…ZF
- 11th November | Engage with…FluxSys
- 18th November | Engage with…Custom Interconnect
- 9th December | Engage with…Performance Projects