Engage with...Electrification of the AgriFood Sector
Opportunities and challenges related to the adoption and the implementation of Power Electronics, Electric Machines and Drives (PEMD) in the AgriFood Sector.
The outcome of online questionnaire and a series of interviews KTN made to its AgriFood network.
To achieve UK’s net zero ambitious there is a requirement for the Agriculture and Food (AgriFood) sector to move to cleaner technologies. This includes the UK Government investing £80m in electrification technologies through the Driving the Electric Revolution Challenge.
Webinar recording and slides are now available
Find the slides here.
From July to August 2021, KTN consulted its AgriFood networks to identify opportunities and challenges related to the adoption and the implementation of Power Electronics, Electric Machines and Drives (PEMD) in the AgriFood Sector.
AgriFood encompasses a huge and diverse sector. From farm-to-fork, there are multiple opportunities for PEMD, and during this consultation it was noticeable that the “easy” targets have been or are being successfully addressed, however there are several areas that require a new set of expertise, investment and possibly a rethink of the UK farm.
Join this webinar to learn the outcomes of an online questionnaire and a series of interviews to relevant stakeholders from farmers to construction and agricultural machinery companies who represent 34 organisations. The KTN agri team will highlight the obstacles and opportunities to the adoption of PEMD in the Agricultural sector.
The ISCF Driving the Electric Revolution “Engage with…” webinar series offers leading companies and organisations a platform to present to you:
- Who they are and what they do;
- Their PEMD growth journey/roadmap and what they are doing in PEMD;
- Their challenges and future PEMD supply chain requirements, with a view of exploring future opportunities for partnerships/collaborations/projects.
All with the aim for companies and organisations to seize the economic opportunities from the global transition to clean technologies and electrification.
Webinars | Here’s what’s scheduled for this series
- 7th January | Engage with…Network Rail
- 14th January | Engage with…McLaren Applied
- 4th February | Engage with…Paragraf
- 18th February | Engage with…GreenSpur Wind
- 25th February | Engage with…DTE Network+
- 4th March | Engage with…Arcola Energy
- 11th March | Engage with…Equipmake
- 18th March | Engage with…Electrified Automation
- 8th April | Engage with…PEMD Funding Opportunities
- 15th April | Engage with…Ilmor Engineering
- 29th April | Engage with…YASA
- 6th May | Engage with…Centre for Future Clean Mobility
- 13th May | Engage with…Horizon Europe
- 20th May | Engage with…RNLI
- 27th May | Engage with…Universal Balancing
- 3rd June | Engage with…Driving the Electric Revolution Industrialisation Centre
- 10th June | Engage with…NEMA
- 17th June | Engage With… Future Electrical Machines Manufacturing Hub
- 8th July | Engage with…Magnomatics
- 15th July | Engage with…NPL
- 9th September | Engage with…Dynex Semiconductor
- 23rd September | Engage with…Cummins
- 7th October | Engage with…Electrification of the AgriFood Sector
- 14th October | Engage with…ZF
- 11th November | Engage with…FluxSys
- 18th November | Engage with…Custom Interconnect
- 9th December | Engage with…Performance Projects