Engage with…Department for International Trade: mine to magnet-supply chains for critical material
Find out more about the strategy the UK Government is adopting to secure supply of critical metals and minerals for the UK’s own use, but also providing the opportunity to export refined materials to Europe and beyond.
The ISCF Driving the Electric Revolution “Engage with…” webinar series offers leading companies and organisations a platform to present to you:
- Who they are and what they do;
- Their PEMD growth journey/roadmap and what they are doing in PEMD;
- Their challenges and future PEMD supply chain requirements, with a view of exploring future opportunities for partnerships/collaborations/projects.
Webinar recording and slides are now available
Find the slides here.
All with the aim for companies and organisations to seize the economic opportunities from the global transition to clean technologies and electrification.
Darryn is the UK Government’s Mining Engineer and a Specialist in their Department for International Trade. Darryn’s principal role is securing the long-term supply of critical metals and minerals needed for the UK’s Industrial Strategy, especially around the Grand Challenges of Future of Mobility and Clean Growth. These critical metals and minerals include the rare earth elements needed for the production of powerful permanent magnets, hence our interest in having him speak today.
Darryn’s presentation will focus on the strategy the UK Government is adopting to secure these supply chains for the UK’s own use, but also providing the opportunity to export refined materials to Europe and beyond.
Darryn Quayle, Mining Engineer and Specialist, Department for International Trade.
- 24th September | Engage with…British Glass and the wider Foundation Industries
- 1st October | Engage with…Network Rail – Postponed
- 8th October | Engage with…Control Techniques, a Nidec Brand
- 22nd October | Engage with…SP Energy Networks
- 5th November | Engage with…Department for International Trade: mine to magnet-supply chains for critical material
- 12th November | Engage with…ZeroAvia: hydrogen-electric powertrains for aircraft
- 26th November | Engage with…Industrial Drives – you have a part to play in their future