Faraday Battery Challenge Investment Readiness 2022 Programme Launch
Find out more about how to apply to the second year of this successful Programme tailor-made for the electric battery sector and open to just 15 selected SMEs.
Find out more about the second Faraday Battery Challenge Investment Readiness Programme. Hear about the success of the 2021 Programme, what the 2022 Programme involves and how to apply.
Webinar recording is now available
Last year Innovate UK and Innovate UK KTN ran the first Faraday Battery Challenge Investment Readiness Programme. It was so successful, with every single SME in the 2021 cohort seeing a positive outcome ranging from investment to partnership opportunities, that a second cohort will be put through their paces in a new 2022 Programme.
So if you’re a UK-based SME in the electric vehicle battery sector and want to be a part of the Programme, why not attend the launch event to find out more. Just 15 SMEs will be selected and will learn to hone their pitch to investors, get a better understanding of the funding cycle and be more confident in delivering their story.
This launch event will give you the opportunity to understand more about the Programme, the steps to successfully raise investment, and information on how to apply. The session will include:
- An overview of the programme
- An investor panel with insights on how to raise funds
- Information on how to apply & next steps
Who should attend?
For the 2022 cohort we strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and female applicants. Diversity is a central priority for Innovate UK KTN. We focus on developing and championing greater diversity which we know will create a better and stronger innovation system for the UK.
The Programme is tailor-made for the electric vehicle battery sector – organisations active in batteries for electric vehicle propulsion (automotive and beyond, excluding stationary storage and organisations across the battery value chain including cell materials and components, cells, modules and packs, recycling and enabling technologies. It will help up to 15 selected SMEs prepare to present and connect to potential investors. We are looking for SMEs that are at a demonstrator stage of development.
Please note that if you have participated in the Faraday Battery Challenge Investment Readiness Programme 2021 you will not be eligible to re-apply. This programme is open to new participants only. If you have previously participated in our programme and still need support please contact us.
Application process and timetable
You can access the application form and guidance and the timetable for this programme via the application site. Please click here to visit it.
- 14:00 – Welcome – Nikoleta Piperidou | Innovate UK KTN
- 14:05 – Why batteries? – Jacqui Murray, Deputy Director, Faraday Battery Challenge | Innovate UK
- 14:25 – Introduction to Investment Programme – Jordan Fletcher | Innovate UK KTN
- 14:40 – Q&A
- 14:45 – Investment landscape in batteries across the world – Nichola Yiu, Founder | Intercalation
- 15:00 – Panel discussion on investment in batteries – Jordan Fletcher | Innovate UK KTN
- Chair: Jordan Fletcher | Innovate UK KTN
- Dr Ian Campbell, Founder | Breathe Battery Technologies
- Rick Hao, Principal | Deeptech at SpeedInvest
- Kieren Hall, CEO | Acovet Battery Materials
- Kajsa Johansson, Investment Associate | Environmental Technologies Fund
- 15:25 – How to apply and next steps – Nikoleta Piperidou | Innovate UK KTN
- 15:30 – Close