Innovate Local: Profiting by Innovation
This event is for entrepreneurs, businesses, support agencies, and practitioners active in, or want to learn more about, innovation in the South East Midlands.
The South East Midlands has one of the country’s most innovative and dynamic economies; whether fintech and smart cities in Milton Keynes, high value manufacturing in the Silverstone Tech Cluster, the future of flight at Cranfield or logistics along our major transport arteries. The region is blessed with great companies, ambitious innovators and excellent universities. This event is for entrepreneurs, businesses, support agencies, and practitioners active in, or want to learn more about, innovation in the South East Midlands.
Webinar recordings are now available
Intro to Innovate UK & Regional Stakeholders
Working with Universities
Smart, Green Urban Transport
Funding for Innovation
Skills for Innovation Growth
Register for our sessions and:
- Find out about national and local economic priorities and the opportunities to for ambitious businesses and entrepreneurs to profiting though innovating
- Hear from national and local support agencies about how they can help you form collaborative partnerships, undertake research and development, access funding and finance and grow skills and talent to support your business
- Learn about funding opportunities and gain practical skills in writing funding bids and pitching
- Listen to local businesses describing their successful innovation journeys
- Network with staff from national and regional support agencies – the kind of people you could work with to fast track your innovation
The Innovate Local Program is a suite of regional engagement events that promote IUK & UKRI objectives and is tailored to regional priorities. We work in collaboration will local stakeholders to create an event that addresses regional innovation priorities and workshops to help businesses learn more about the grants and innovation process. Our objective is to reach out to local businesses and demonstrate the types and level of support available, and through the presentation and panel sessions inspire them to look at innovation in their business.
The Program is now in its 4th year and KTN has been a trusted delivery partner throughout this time, organising and delivering of Innovate Local events. This financial year aim to deliver to our audience:
- Up to 10 regional events, tailored to address topics of key concern and interest within the region
- Content and agenda developed in collaboration with key regional stakeholders, KTN, Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) and Innovate UK colleagues
- Increased understanding of the aims and objectives of Innovate UK, and the support available to innovative business
- Following a tried and trusted agenda format, developed since the programs pilot phase, that contains a range of content types from keynote speakers to workshops and 1:2:1 sessions with business support experts
- Delivering local impact to strengthen partnership with local stakeholders, and to increase the quantity and quality of business taking up business support offers and/or applying for IUK competition calls