Making Plastics Fit for a Sustainable Future - A Snapshot of Innovation, Successes, Support & Funding
Join UK Research & Innovation’s (UKRI) £60 million Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging (SSPP) Challenge, KTN and other organisations, to learn about the latest exciting innovations in sustainable plastics, get advance details about plans for a new funding competition, and access broader business support to grow your innovative business.
09.00 - 15.30
67 Hope Street
UKRI’s Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Challenge (SSPP) is working to make plastic packaging fit for a sustainable future. A £60 million five-year programme, it is the largest and most ambitious UK government investment to date in sustainable plastics research and innovation. It reflects the urgent need for action to reduce the environmental footprint of plastics and eradicate plastic pollution
With a packed agenda, this event will help participants to:
- Learn about the ground-breaking plastics innovation projects already funded in Scotland and across the UK by the SSPP Challenge;
- Find out about SSPP’s plans for a proposed £2.5 million funding competition, how to apply and how to access support through KTN;
- Understand current Scottish Government policy developments and priorities related to plastic packaging waste;
- Get the low down on the business support available for companies looking to innovate and grow in this important space;
- Hear from and network with other innovators working on plastic packaging waste solutions;
- Develop collaboration opportunities and partnerships to encourage innovation, knowledge sharing and co-investment opportunities.
Who is the event for?
This event is open to any stakeholder in the plastic packaging supply chain interested, involved or innovating in the field of sustainable plastics, including packaging designers and manufacturers, brands and retailers, waste management companies, plastics converters, government and policy representatives, third sector organisations, NGOs, and academic research teams.