Net Zero in Medicines Manufacturing: Measuring and Reporting Carbon Footprint
Register for KTN’s webinar on Net Zero in Medicines Manufacturing, aimed at medicines manufacturers to learn about systems and tools for measuring and reporting on Scope 1, 2 and 3 carbon outputs.
In the run up to COP 26, KTN is holding a webinar: Net Zero in Medicines Manufacturing: Measuring and Reporting Carbon Footprint – What you need to know!
Webinar recording and slides are now available
Find the slides here.
The obligations around reporting carbon outputs are becoming increasingly challenging for all sizes of companies, as global net zero target deadlines draw ever closer and customers introduce sustainable procurement directives.
This free to attend webinar is aimed at medicinesmanufacturers to learn about systems and tools for measuring and reporting on Scope 1, 2 and 3 carbon outputs. Manufacturers of medical technologies and organisations involved in supply chain are also very welcome.
This is particularly applicable to SMEs who want to find out more about carbon reporting structures and tools from organisations who have established systems.
This webinar will feature presentations and discussion from GSK, AstraZeneca and Pfizer on reporting and science-based targets, and why they are important, and what are the external demands. We will feature practical application case studies on Scope 1 & 2, and explore the challenges and opportunities to decarbonise the whole value chain (Scope 3). There will also be a presentation from NHS on forthcoming supplier guidelines.
The webinar is hosted by KTN Medicines Manufacturing Challenge Community in partnership with Innovate UK, Medicines Manufacturing Industry Partnership and Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.
- 10:00 – Welcome & Introduction | Karen Wilkinson, KTN | Ling Xu, Natural Environment Research Council
- 10:05 – Introduction to Carbon Reporting (Scope 1, 2 & 3) & Science-Based Targets & Why it’s Important (external demands) | Richard Henderson Sustainability Reporting Lead, GSK
- 10:20 – Scope 1 & 2 Practical Application Case Studies from Pfizer UK | Roos Bruggink, Global Health & Social Impact Manager and Steph Barnes, HCP Channel & Content Lead, Vaccines
- 10:40 – Scope 3 – the challenges and opportunities to decarbonise the whole value chain – inc expectations on value chain | Jason Snape, Global Head of Environment, Global Sustainability, AstraZeneca
- 10:55 – Business as a force for good – the business and societal benefits of sustainably ethical companies | Paolo Sacco, Head of Global Public Affairs, Rossella Ferri, HSE Specialist, Shared Value Team, Chiesi Group
- 11:10 – NHS Sustainable Procurement – What can suppliers expect?
- 11:25 – Panel discussion and Q&A featuring all presenters | Chaired by: Mark Talford, Deputy Challenge Director, Medicines Manufacturing Challenge, Innovate UK
- 12:00 – Wrap up | Karen Wilkinson, KTN