Next-Generation Mobile Communications Research and European Funding
UK5G in partnership with DCMS and InnovateUK are running a 1-hour webinar event, delivered by KTN, to introduce the EU’s new Smart Networks and Services partnership.
UK5G in partnership with DCMS and InnovateUK are running a 1-hour webinar event, delivered by KTN, to introduce the EU’s new Smart Networks and Services partnership. This new partnership will coordinate research activities on 5G and faster next-generation 6G technology under Horizon Europe, the EU’s new research and innovation funding programme.
Webinar recording is now available
UK organisations will have access to Horizon Europe on equivalent terms as organisations in EU countries, with association to Horizon Europe being included within the Trade and Cooperation agreement signed with the EU. Smart Networks and Services plans a public Research and Innovation investment of at least €900 million over the period 2021-2027 representing a significant opportunity for UK businesses and researchers.
This event is aimed at industry and academia based in the UK and will provide a high-level overview of Horizon Europe in relation to telecoms, the smart networks and services partnership while also introducing the 5G Infrastructure Association.
- 12:00 – Welcome and introduction | Andy Curtis, UK5G, KTN
- 12:10 – Setting the scene, Importance of international engagement | DCMS
- 12:15 – Overview of UK association to Horizon Europe funding | Stafford Lloyd, Innovate UK
- 12:25 – Introduction to Smart network and services and 5G – Infrastucture association | Colin Willcock, 5G IA
- 12:40 – Case study | Simon Fletcher, Real Wireless, Bristol
- 12:50 – Q&A
- 13:00 – Close
Innovate UK KTN helps UK companies engage with European funding programmes and help them create collaborations.