Validation of Metamaterials’ Value Propositions Workshop
The Commercialising Metamaterials Innovation Network brings you another workshop in our winter series. Places are limited so express your interest today!
POSTPONED – unfortunately this webinar will be postponed to a later date yet to be confirmed.
One of the challenges for a new and innovative technology, in taking it from laboratory to small scale commercialisation, is sourcing the finance and access to mentorship. There is a need to “sell” a proposal to potential investors and partners. Very often investors will only be interested in further steps to commercialise or upscale.
Investor Validation of Metamaterials Pitches
This workshop looks to give metamaterials developers the opportunity to pitch their technology to potential investors and partners and get feedback on its viability, identifying ways that it might be improved.
In particular, there will be a focus on the three key aspects necessary for a successful pitch:
- Application – where do you think the technology you have could add value to innovations
- Product – what are the features of your metamaterials’ technology and the benefit to the application?
- Collaboration – what other expertise might be required to get your technology into a product?
There will be a template available for your pitch and access to a Google Classroom, that will contain materials to help you hone and complete your delivery.
The objectives of the workshop are to offer attendees feedback on their technology and its commercialisation potential. This is a great opportunity to present your value proposition to a panel of investors and support organisations for validation and steer.
- 10:00 – Introductions & house rules
- 10:10 – Introduction to panel members
- 10:30 – Pitches to panel members Dragon’s Den-style and feedback
- 12:45 – Closing remarks & general feedback
- 13:00 – Close
About the Metamaterials Innovation Network
Like all Innovation Networks run by KTN, the aim is to convene people who wouldn’t normally meet; to learn, connect and explore opportunities. This Innovation Network is a 2-year project run by KTN to ensure successful commercial exploitation and technology transfer of metamaterials through brokered or encouraged collaboration. Sign up here to become a part of the community and receive regular updates.