Technical textiles are the basis of many applications across a very broad range of industry sectors, including:
- Technical protective textiles to improve worker safety in the workplace.
- Agrotextiles used in agriculture include all activities concerned with the growing and harvesting of crops and animals
- Textiles used in construction for decoration and structural applications
- Technical textiles for clothing applications
- Geotextiles defined as all woven, nonwoven and knitted textile materials used mainly by the civil engineering industry
- Home textiles used in a domestic environment include interior decorations and furniture, carpeting, protection against the sun, cushion materials, fireproofing, floor and wall coverings, and textile reinforced structures/fittings.
- Industrial textiles are used for chemical and electrical applications and textiles related to mechanical engineering.
- Medical textiles include all the medical fabrics that are used in health and hygiene applications in both consumer and medical markets.
- Textiles for transport These textiles are used in the construction of automobiles, railways, ships, aircraft and spacecraft.
- Eco textiles in environmental protection applications
- Sports textiles, are used mainly for making sports wear including sports shoes and other sports accessories.
With technical textiles it will be possible offer innovative solutions for global problems, such as pollution, health issues, transports, protection, communication, and so on.