Addressing the need to develop alternatives to chemical crop protection
KTN’s Chris Danks will be speaking at the inaugural Biopesticide Summit and Exhibition on 2-3 July 2019 at Swansea University.
Bionema Limited and Swansea University are co-hosting the inaugural Biopesticide Summit, Exhibition and Awards at Swansea University in July 2019 to address the pressing need to develop alternatives to chemical crop protection.
The Biopesticide Summit 2019 will focus on developing and introducing innovative and alternative biocontrol solutions that will help protect our food chain in a controlled but timely manner.
The global biopesticides market is increasing, but despite significant growth in the biocontrol industry, major limitations with current biopesticide solutions are rarely discussed.¬†There is an urgent need to develop novel products and application technologies to not only ‚Äúfill the gaps‚Äù in the market due to pesticide removal but also to anticipate future requirements as pests and diseases are developing resistance to currently used chemical products. In additional, there is increasing consumer led retailer demand for growers to eradicate the use of chemical pesticides in crop production and to grow fruit and vegetables with reduced detectable residues.
Photo galleries are not available for content from the previous KTN website: we apologise for this.
The summit programme features international speakers from the biocontrol industry, funding agencies, trade bodies, government and academia. The agenda includes sessions on:
- Food Security, Regulatory Challenges, Crop Protection, Consumer Demand
- Innovation ‚Äì The Solution (Part I): Innovative Technologies ‚Äì Products & Services
- Innovation ‚Äì The Solution (Part II):¬†Innovative Formulations & Applications
- Collaboration ‚Äì To Deliver Solutions:¬†Industry, Academia, Investors & Government – Working Together
- Technology Adaption Case Studies – Cross Sectors
- Investor Pitch/Case study (Dragons’ Den style)
- Looking to the Future ‚Äì Challenges and Opportunities
KTN’s Chris Danks (Knowledge Transfer Manager, Agri-Food) will speak in the session on collaboration, highlighting business support mechanisms.
You can find out more about the Biopesticide Summit, which takes place on¬†2-3 July 2019 at Swansea University, by clicking¬†here.
If you are interested in crop protection, you can download a copy of KTN’s report on The Future of Crop Protection here.