Building on the strengths of the UK‚Äôs booming agri-food sector
Learn about the new ISCF ‚ÄòTransforming Food Production‚Äô funding for the agri-food sector at our 4 briefing events.
The Industrial Strategy sets out Grand Challenges to put the UK at the forefront of the industries of the future, ensuring that the UK takes advantage of major global changes, improving people‚Äôs lives and the country‚Äôs productivity.
As part of the Clean Growth Grand Challenge, the recently announced Transforming Food Production Challenge will deliver ¬£90m of new funding for agri-tech to help businesses, researchers and industry to transform food production, by making it easier to embrace technology and innovation.
Government investment, delivered as part of the new the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF), will help build on the strengths of the UK‚Äôs booming agri-food sector and support it by:
- bringing together businesses, farmers and academics to take forward priority research projects through new Challenge Platforms
- supporting Innovation Accelerators which will be responsible for exploring the commercial potential of new tech ideas at pace
- demonstrating innovative agri-tech projects and how they will work in practice
- launching a new bilateral research programme that will identify and accelerate shared international¬† priorities and help build export opportunities for pioneering agricultural-technologies and innovations overseas
Photo galleries are not available for content from the previous KTN website: we apologise for this.
Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund briefing events
KTN and partners are hosting several events where you can hear about the Transforming Food Production Challenge, and other new funding programmes within the Clean Growth Grand Challenge.
The briefing events will include opportunities to:
- hear about the scope of the Clean Growth Grand Challenge programmes in more detail
- network and develop partnerships for the competitions
- meet with UK Research & Innovation and KTN and explore project ideas
Registration is now open for the events below – places are limited so early registration is strongly recommended.
-¬† Monday, 16th April, Birmingham ¬†‚Äì Transforming Food Production Briefing Event
There are also three further events where you can hear about the Transforming Food Production Challenge, and also other new funding programmes within the Clean Growth Grand Challenge. These events are organised by the KTN in partnership with BEIS, UK Research & Innovation, the Scottish Government and the Welsh Government:
-¬† Wednesday, 18th April, Cardiff – in collaboration with the Welsh Government
-¬† Thursday, 26th April, Glasgow – in collaboration with the Scottish Government