Clean Energy Financing Event - Vancouver, March 2018
The Canadian Financing Forum (CFF) and GLOBE are teaming up with Mission Innovation (MI) to host the first MI Clean Energy Financing Event.
On March 13-16, 2018, Canada will host a Mission Innovation (MI) Clean Energy Financing Event on the margins of the GLOBE Forum in Vancouver, British Columbia. The GLOBE Forum is one of North America’s premier international events related to sustainable business. The MI event will provide promising start-up companies from MI countries direct engagement with global investors, including through company pitch sessions, “speed dating” networking sessions, receptions, and exhibit space in the Forum’s Innovation Expo.
Please note that company applications for the pitch sessions are due by December 22.¬† Further information can be found in this document. Company applications for the investor pitch sessions on March 13 should be submitted online by¬†December 22, 2017.
This year, the Canadian Financing Forum (CFF) and GLOBE are teaming up with Mission Innovation (MI) ‚Äì a global partnership of 22 countries and the European Union working together to accelerate global clean energy innovation ‚Äì to host the first MI Clean Energy Financing Event. The event will provide promising clean energy start-up companies from MI countries direct engagement with global investors through a combination of events such as company pitch sessions, match-making and ‚Äúspeed dating sessions,‚Äù panel sessions, and technology exhibitions.
The CFF is Western Canada‚Äôs premier emerging technology company showcase and networking event, designed to provide high growth potential technology companies with a platform for showcasing their businesses to investors and corporate strategics. GLOBE Forum is North America‚Äôs largest Leadership Summit for Sustainable Business, attracting thousands of senior corporate and government decision makers.
Day 1 ‚Äì March 13, 2018 | Canadian Financing Forum and Mission Innovation Clean Energy Financing Event ‚Äì Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver
Pitch to global investors, and experience a world-class technology company showcase and networking event.
- Up to 18 promising companies from MI countries will have a dedicated clean energy track for investor pitches
- Structured networking with key influencers and decision makers
- World class keynote speaker sessions
- Core participants include technology entrepreneurs, VC firms, other private equity and venture debt firms, corporate strategics, technology accelerators, and commercialization professionals
Day 2 ‚Äì March 14, 2018 | GLOBE Forum and MI Clean Energy Financing Event 2018 ‚Äì Vancouver Convention Centre (East)
Attend Day 1 of the GLOBE Forum, which brings together the brightest minds and innovative thought leaders in sustainability and business.
- One-on-one engagement between entrepreneurs, investors, and buyers (match-making and ‚Äúspeed dating‚Äù)
- Entrepreneur showcases with investors and buyers
- Special panel featuring investors and federal senior officials on clean-energy investment opportunities,
longer-term energy investment strategies, and private/public alignment initiatives
Days 3 and 4 ‚Äì March 15-16, 2018 | GLOBE Forum Continuation ‚Äì Vancouver Convention Centre (East)
See the GLOBE website for additional information on programming.
REGISTRATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS
Company applications for the investor pitch sessions on March 13 should be submitted online by¬†December 22, 2017.
REGISTRATION OPTIONS (*costs below are being offered at a discount for MI companies)
1) March 13 only: Mission Innovation Presenting Company ‚Äì $650 CDN + GST
2) March 13-14: Mission Innovation Presenting Company + GLOBE 1-Day Pass ‚Äì $1,205 CDN + GST
3) March 13-16: Mission Innovation Presenting Company + GLOBE 3-Day Pass ‚Äì $1,667 CDN + GST
PRESENTING COMPANY SELECTION CRITERIA
Core evaluation criteria for presenting companies:
- Minimum of $250K in Angel/seed investment
- Looking for an A round or socializing a B round
- Can be a current portfolio company that is meeting their milestones
- Promising technology and business model
- Watched with interest by the venture community
- Ideally have $1M – $5M in revenue
Please note: These are simply guidelines, and all submitted company applications are up for subjective override by the Selection Team, at their discretion.
SELECTION TEAM & INVESTOR PARTICIPATION
Presenting companies are competitively selected by a peer group of professional investors, including: AVAC Ltd. | BDC Capital | BEST Funds | Discovery Capital | Garibaldi Capital | GrowthWorks Capital Pangaea Ventures | SDTC | TELUS Ventures | TIMIA Capital | Vanedge Capital | Vistara Capital Partners WUTIF Capital Inc. | Yaletown Partners
- Detailed program, timings and logistical details will be forwarded upon company selection
- Company profiles to be submitted to the CFF project team following approval from the Selection Committee
- Company presentations are to be a maximum of eight minutes
- PowerPoint slides must be submitted in advance
- Presenting Companies have the opportunity to set up an exhibitor booth at the Forum
WHY ENTREPRENEURS SHOULD ATTEND THE INNOVATION EXPO
Whether you have a cleantech¬† product¬† that‚Äôs¬† market-ready¬† or¬† you‚Äôre¬† looking¬† to¬† understand¬† the¬† next¬† steps¬† in developing your technology, the Innovation Expo will connect you with the right people and the right information.
- Showcase your solutions and engage with buyers from around the world
- Explore investment and joint funding opportunities with a diverse range of organizations, including angel and venture capitalists, economic development agencies, funding organizations such as SDTC, MaRS, IRAP, ERA, and many others
- Access B2B services that drive deals and transactions.