Could you optimize production processes and producibility for manufacturing companies by using Cloud computing?
Propose an innovative idea that optimizes production processes and producibility for manufacturing companies by using the CloudiFacturing technology.
EU project is looking for teams of SMEs to propose innovative ideas that optimize production processes and producibility for manufacturing companies by using their cloud computing technology.
European project CloudiFacturing (Cloudification of Production Engineering for Predictive Digital Manufacturing) is on a mission to optimize production processes and producibility for manufacturing companies (especially SMEs).
It will use Cloud and High Performance Computing to provide services like computationally demanding production engineering, simulation and advanced data analytics. Being cloud based will make these services more affordable and easier to access. This will help manufacturing companies become more competitive and resource efficient.
CloudiFacturing is looking for teams of participants to propose innovative use cases that optimize production processes and producibility for manufacturing companies (especially SMEs) by using the CloudiFacturing technology.
What kind of projects is CloudiFacturing looking for?
CloudiFacturing especially welcomes use projects that:
- simulate manufacturing processes or manufacturing tools
- leverage factory data to learn from it
- optimize manufacturing processes and/or the manufacturability of goods
The project needs to be driven by a manufacturing company, preferably an SME.
Who can submit a proposal?
To submit a proposal, you will need to form a team. Your team should include 2 to 5 partners that can be:
- ¬†End users from the manufacturing sector
- Independent software vendors (ISVs)
- Engineering consultants
- Research organizations
- High Performance Computing (HPC) providers
- Digital Innovation Hubs
You will need at least one end user company and one independent software vendor company. The end users should (preferably) be new to the technology being investigated. Being new to European projects is also highly welcome.
Your team has to be formed with companies from different European countries or associated countries.
CloudiFacturing encourage proposals with a high ratio of SMEs (or mid-caps) and participants from new member states.
If your team gets selected, you will:
- Investigate and gather experience with HPC/Cloud Computing technologies for your use case
- Explore technical benefits (e.g. better assessment of the producibility and production process optimization by more accurate simulation results using HPC/Cloud resources)
- Exploit information discovered in factory data to improve processes
- Assess Cloud based business settings and their impact
- Leverage the CloudiFacturing Digital Marketplace being developed as a new distribution channel
Your team could also get up to 100K ‚Ç¨ in funding.
What does the CloudiFacturing technology offer?
- A Cloud infrastructure that already contains engineering and simulation applications and services. New experiments can be built to extend the range of service offerings via the CloudiFacturing Digital Marketplace.
- A tailored HPC/Cloud infrastructure.
- Independent evaluation of experiments against your requirements.
- Experiences from more than 30 experiments.
- Consultancy on business models.
- Participation in the I4MS ecosystem.
If you are interested in this opportunity, apply before 30th September 2018.
If you need support in engaging with this opportunity, especially in finding the right SME(s) to partner with, get in touch with the European Team.