Global Alliance Africa project inaugurates the first Innovation Advisory Board for Kenya
In November 2021, the Eldoret Innovation Action Plan (IAP) was launched by the Global Alliance Africa Project team and its Eldoret Innovation Network Advisory Board (EINAB). The IAP is designed to support local and regional innovation in Eldoret and part of its pilot Place-Based Innovation programme in Kenya.
Consisting of eight key players in local academia, industry and government, the Board will assist Global Alliance Africa with the successful implementation of the recently launched Place-Based Innovation IAP. EINAB will meet bi-monthly and have identified agriculture as a particular area of interest and focus and will strengthen collaboration among the Local Innovation Network (LIN) players.
The Global Alliance Africa team has been enthused by the genuine dedication and support from the Eldoret community stakeholders in producing its Eldoret Innovation Action Plan. We are honoured to work with Eldoret to achieve its ambition as a model innovation hub for its neighbouring cities and empower the local ecosystem by supporting local innovation and businesses for Kenya and global opportunities.
Members of the Board are:
- Professor Masibo Lumala, Research and Professor, Moi University
- Basil Malaki, Knowledge Transfer Manager, Global Alliance Africa, Innovate UK KTN
- Lilian Bitok, Co-Director, GavoFoods International
- Elizabeth Mwamburi, Associate Professor, University of Eldoret
- Mark Otwane, Country Executive Officer, Uasin Gishu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI)
- Lilian Songkok, Co-Director, GavoFoods International
- Magdaline Chepkemoi, Executive Director, Eldohub
- Samwel Kimani, Program Director, Tumaini Innovation Center
We are very proud to be working with EINAB and look forward to the next productive meeting.
For more information on the Eldoret Innovation Action Plan 2022, please follow the below links:
The Global Alliance Africa project, delivered by Innovate UK KTN is a six-year project funded by UK Aid through Innovate UK (GCRF) and the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
Global Alliance Africa Team visit Eldoret Innovation Network Advisory Board for Co-Creation Session
The Global Alliance Africa team co-hosted a co-creation meeting as well as targeted dialogues with members of the Eldoret Innovation Network Advisory Board (EINAB) in May 2022.