Highways UK 2017 Intelligent Infrastructure Challenges
The Intelligent Infrastructure Challenge seeks innovative technical solutions to transport-related problems.
As part of the Highways UK 2017 event, The Intelligent Infrastructure Challenge is a competition involving specific infrastructure client challenges set by Highways England, Bristol City Council, Transport for the North, England’s¬†Economic Heartland¬†the London Air Quality Commission¬†and Transport Scotland. These challenges require innovative technical solutions to transport-related problems involving customer service and/or network efficiency and/or safety and security and /or performance.
Each shortlisted candidate will be able to exhibit their solution for free and will be asked to give a 5-minute¬†presentation in The Hub. Each of the challenger clients will be tasked to pick a winner from the shortlist and¬†award a prize at a special ceremony during the event on Thursday, November 9th. Winners will receive various levels of non-financial support from the challenger client.
Click the related documents link below to download the 2017 challenges and click here to apply.
Application closing date: 22nd September
For general enquiries contact¬†Andrew Dowding.
Further information on each challenge is available in our separate calls:
- Improving bus journey time reliability
- Affordable microsimulation modelling for road network management
- Clean Air London looking to improve air quality
- Transport for the North search for innovators developing real-time, multimodal travel info systems
- England’s Economic Heartland : Intelligent Infrastructure Challenge
- Transport Scotland issue Intelligent Infrastructure Challenge
- Highways England¬†seeking ways to take advantage of innovative technology to improve safety