Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) launches new £60 million competition window to support businesses on the path to Net Zero
Businesses in England, Wales and Northern Ireland can now bid for a share of up to £60 million in grant funding through the IETF Phase 2: Spring 2022 competition window, for studies, projects and deployments to increase energy efficiency or reduce emissions.
To view the applicant guidance and make an application for funding, please visit the funding competition page: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/industrial-energy-transformation-fund-ietf-phase-2-spring-2022
The competition will open for applications on Monday 31 January and will run until Friday 29 April 2022.
The competition will provide grant funding towards the costs of:
- Studies – feasibility and engineering studies to investigate identified energy efficiency and decarbonisation projects prior to making an investment decision.
- Energy Efficiency projects – deployment of technologies to reduce industrial energy consumption.
- Deep Decarbonisation projects – deployment of technologies to achieve industrial emissions savings.
The IETF is a crucial part of the Government’s strategy for tackling climate change and reaching Net Zero by 2050. It complements other government programmes that offer innovation and early demonstration support through the Net Zero Innovation Programme. Details on wider funding opportunities can be found here. We have also published details of past IETF competition winners from Phase 1.
The competition is open to the following sectors, organisations and professionals including:
- Data centres
- Mining and quarrying
- Recovery and recycling of construction materials.
IETF Phase 2: Spring 2022 Stakeholder Event
We invite you to join our online IETF Phase 2: Spring 2022 webinar on Tuesday 1 February. It will be an opportunity to:
- Hear about the scope of the competitions
- Hear from industrial site owners who were funded in Phase 1
- Learn about eligibility criteria
- Learn how to make an application for funding
- Network online and develop partnerships for the competitions
- Speak with BEIS online for one-to-one discussions about the competitions.
To register for the webinar, please visit our registration site.
The Phase 2: Spring 2022 competition is open to businesses of any size registered in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. If your site is based in Scotland, you can apply for the Scottish Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (SIETF): contact IETF@gov.scot for more information.