Improving sustainability and resilience of crop production within the European Research Area
ERA-NET SusCrop has announced a call for multidisciplinary proposals in the field of sustainable crop production.
SusCrop is an ERA-Net Cofund Action funded under the Horizon 2020 programme, with the aim of strengthening the European Research Area (ERA) in sustainable crop production through enhanced cooperation and coordination of different national and regional research programmes.
23 funding organisations from 18 countries have come together in a joint Call for proposals focused on Sustainable Crop Production in order to tackle the societal challenges of the 21st century.¬†¬†The total indicative funding for the Call is¬†‚Ç¨17.2 million.
Photo galleries are not available for content from the previous KTN website: we apologise for this.
Proposals be multidisciplinary and should address at least one of the following topics:
- Enhancement of predictive breeding technologies and development of new genotypes leading to new phenotypes and crop varieties for improvement of plant health, protection, production and resilience
- Development and exploitation of novel integrated pest and crop management methods and practices
- Improvement of resource-use efficiency of crops and cropping systems
- Systemic research on agricultural crops as part of an ecosystem including interactions between plants and other organisms (‚Äúthe plant as a meta-organism‚Äù)
Please note that this is a two-stage Call with the following submission deadlines:
- Pre-proposals: April 4, 2018, 13:00 h (CEST)
- Full proposals: August 31, 2018, 13:00 h (CEST)
You can find out more and download the call announcement here.
If you would like to discuss opportunities for innovation in agri-food you can contact KTN’s Agri-Food Team.
If you found this story interesting, you may also wish to read: