IOP Business Awards: Only 3 weeks left to apply
These are the only awards in the UK and Ireland recognising companies that have built success on the innovative application of physics.
The IOP Business Awards recognise the significant contribution that physicists and physics make in industry across all sectors and at all stages, from start-up businesses, small and mediums sized enterprises to large corporate organisations. They celebrate entrepreneurship, excellence in innovation and the successful implementation of physics into a product or service.
Apply before 18th May for your companies chance to win either:
- The¬†Business Innovation Award – recognises and celebrates small, medium and large companies that have excelled in innovation, delivering significant economic and/or societal impact through the application of physics.
- The¬†Business Start-Up Award – recognises and celebrates young companies with a great business idea founded on a physics invention, with a great business growth potential and or the potential of significant societal impact.
Why submit a nomination?
The IOP Business Awards provide a¬†prestigious validation of the innovative application of physics and its impact. It brings the following¬†value to both the company and the team involved in realising the innovation by:
- raising company, subsidiary and/or team profile, boosting motivation amongst the team
- increasing confidence in the business innovation, especially with new customers
- providing collateral to enhance funding and investment applications for future developments
- highlighting that the company excels in the commercial application of physics, useful evidence to attract recruitment of talented, young physicists
Winning the award will bring a number of benefits. Winners will have the opportunity to present at relevant meetings and conferences, increasing their profile across the IOP network.¬†Additionally they will¬†be able to participate in IOP’s new¬†Business Innovation and Growth Group,¬†through which they can make connections to help their business grow even stronger. Winners will also receive a trophy and an IOP e-trophy that can be used on the company’s website and printed material.