ISCF Industrial Decarbonisation Challenge Updates and Call for Assessors
Funded projects for Phase 1 of the Deployment and Roadmap Competitions have now been announced. Innovate UK is now looking to recruit assessors.
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) have announced funding projects for the first phases of the Deployment and Roadmap programme for decarbonisation strategies, run on behalf of the UK government. The projects awarded funding are focused on helping the UK achieve net zero emissions by 2050 as part of the Industrial Decarbonisation Challenge, a key component of the government‚Äôs Clean Growth Strategy.
The successful projects funded in Phase 1 are outlined below.
- Humber Industrial Decarbonisation Deployment Project (Humber-DP), 4 months duration, 12 partners with¬†Equinor New Energy Limited as lead
- Scotland’s Net Zero Infrastructure (SNZI), 4 months duration, 4 partners with¬†Pale Blue Dot energy Limited as lead
- Net Zero Teesside Project, 3 months, 4 partners with¬†OGCI climate investments LLP as lead
- HyNet Carbon Capture Utilisation and Storage (CCUS), 4 months, 4 partners with¬†Progressive Energy Limited as lead
- South Wales Industrial Cluster, 4 months, 10 partners with¬†Costain Oil, Gas & Process Limited¬†as lead
- Green Hydrogen for Humber, 4 months, 2 parts with ITM Power (Trading) Limited as lead
Cluster Plans (Roadmaps):¬†
- Scotland’s Net Zero Roadmap (SNZR), 4 months, 8 partners with NECCUS as lead
- Humber Industrial Decarbonisation Roadmap, 4 months, 2 partners with¬†Hull City Council as lead
- Net Zero Tees Valley – Decarbonising the Full Cluster: Roadmap Pathfinder , 4 months, 3 partners with¬†Tees Valley Combined Authority as lead
- Roadmap – South Wales Industrial Cluster (SWIC) Phase 1, 4 months, 10 partners with¬†CR Plus Limited as lead
- North West Hydrogen and Energy Cluster: Route to Net Zero, 4 months, 7 partners with Peel Environmental Limited as lead
- Repowering the Black Country – Roadmap, 3 months, 7 partners with Black Country Consortium Limited as lead.
For further details please refer to official Press Release.
Call for Assessors
Innovate UK is looking to recruit assessors for the Industrial Decarbonisation Challenge Stage 2 competitions which will close in Autumn 2020. Assessors are required for both the Cluster Plans and Deployment workstreams which will run as two separate competitions. Assessors are required with technical backgrounds in the decarbonisation sector, and this should include either industrial or academic expertise in at least one of the following categories:
- Carbon Capture and Storage – Industrial Decarbonisation
- Low Carbon Technologies – Net Zero
- Carbon Capture, Utilisation and Storage – Hydrogen Production and Industrial Use
- Clean Energy
Please contact email@example.com for further details or for a copy of the Application Form.