KTN are hiring : KTM Electronic Technologies
KTN are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join us in providing business support to companies within the Electronics sector.
The role will facilitate business growth and help promote and drive knowledge transfer between the science/technology base and industry, promoting networking and stimulating innovation relevant to Electronics businesses. You will help catalyse the development of new technology-based products and processes across the full range of industry sectors for the benefit of business, the economy, the environment and society.
The post will be varied, working with businesses across the Electronics sector but with a focus on opportunities driven by industrial challenges of the power electronics and/or RF industries. An appreciation of, or experience in, the use of electronics within these industries is needed.
Reporting to: Head of Enabling Technologies.
Grade: Knowledge Transfer Manager (KTM1)
Salary: ¬£30,906pa-¬£38,634pa (depending on experience)
Location: Home or office-based working, with considerable UK travel expected.
- Deliver and assist in the support of new funding streams related to industrial challenges relevant to Electronics.
- Deliver and assist in the development of an Electronics work programme within the KTN.
- Prepare future work programmes in agreement with stakeholders and team members.¬†
- Support the development of cross-cutting application areas such as transport, energy, telecoms, security and space etc. for the benefit of electronics stakeholders.¬†
- Identify and monitor trends and opportunities for innovation through interaction with business and the technology base.¬†
- Ensure that industry is aware of the funding opportunities within the RF and/or power electronics research and innovation sphere.
- Facilitate networking opportunities for industry to meet with peers and potential collaborators through the organisation of workshops and other meetings etc.
- Visit companies, research institutions and universities, mainly within the UK, to understand their R&D needs and innovation capabilities.¬†
- Work with the Electronics team to understand the technology needs and opportunities for the growth of UK Industry and the scientific capabilities of the research base, facilitating the transfer of knowledge within and between these groups and the establishment of collaborations.
- Help understand and facilitate access to Innovation support mechanisms for businesses and to help develop funding and investment applications.¬†
- Promote the benefits of KTN and innovation within a business context to the UK sector including the preparation of promotional material and the use of various media.¬†
- Display and maintain a good scientific and technical awareness in a broad range of topics of relevance to the UK capability and industry needs.¬†
- Liaise closely with KTN staff across all sectors and technologies to ensure a good understanding of the other sector activities, to ensure well informed and integrated working.¬†
- Contribute to the writing of articles for newsletters, blogs of interest to our members.¬†
- Help to organise meetings, workshops, networking events and exchange programmes in a variety of commercial and scientific areas.¬†
- Undertake necessary administrative duties including the timely completion of accurate reports, meeting minutes and expenses.¬†
Work within the KTN structure in a flexible manner, e.g. take part in joint activities with colleagues in other teams.¬†
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK, as sponsorship is not provided.
For a full job description, please click here. Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 13th December 2018.
We anticipate beginning to conduct telephone interviews week commencing 17th December. First face to face interviews will start week commencing 7th January 2019.