KTN is hiring - join our Marketing team (3 posts available)
Get your application in fast! 3 Marketing Manager posts are open – applications will be reviewed as they arrive. Deadline 19th June.
We currently have 3 positions available for marketing managers to work in our fast-moving communications team (two permanent; one fixed-term for 12 months). These can be based in our London or Edinburgh offices, with some UK travel expected. Salary up to ¬£30k for each position depending on experience.
To plan and deliver marketing activities in order to expand connections with target businesses and research organisations and provide valued communications to the organisations that connect with us. The role provides marketing services to find and attract new connections and to promote deeper engagement with existing members of KTN‚Äôs network to facilitate collaboration and knowledge transfer.
Reporting to: Communications Team Manager
Marketing across directorates and on KTN corporate marketing projects as needed. The role covers all marketing activities along the customer journey ‚Äì content development, social marketing etc. with a particular focus on the provision of outreach marketing to attract interest from a wide range of stakeholders for projects that span across a number of research and industrial sectors.
- Contribution to the development and execution of the annual marketing plan
- Taking a lead role in spreading best practice across the communications team and the wider KTN, staying up to date with new and innovative tools and developments and acting as expert advisor to colleagues
- Implementation of the annual marketing plan which is designed to drive consistency and increase the return on investment of:
- Social marketing using third party platforms and tools
- Email marketing with appropriate automation and dynamic content
- Content production and promotion
- Provision of marketing services to attract new connections or to deepen engagement with existing members of KTN‚Äôs network. For example, through the creation and promotion of valuable, targeted content or by driving attendance at events
- An essential focus on the desired outcomes of each activity, with strong calls to action that drive deeper engagement and specific measured outcomes
Job responsibilities:¬†include but not limited to:
- To deliver marketing for KTN directorates driving quality improvements and ensuring messages are suited to the target communities
- To contribute to the development of the annual digital marketing plan as an expert in outreach to new audiences
- To craft engaging and creative written marketing communications for use across a wide range of channels including news, in-depth articles, e-newsletters and social media
- Ability to analyse deep technical content or reports and create engaging and relevant content and narratives for a wide range of audiences
- To develop effective information flows with directorate and project teams
- To implement the defined measurement strategy and report on marketing effectiveness across all disciplines in support of KPIs
- To work as part of a flexible marketing team
- To look for ways to innovate and improve KTN‚Äôs marketing practice and participate in the evolution of the team‚Äôs activities
- To build a broad network across all directorates, understanding the priorities, key themes and interests of the businesses served by each team in order to develop effective marketing plans
- Continued development of expertise in creative methods of outreach to build new connections for KTN
To read the full job description, please click here.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK, as sponsorship is not provided.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that are submitted without a CV and covering letter will be automatically withdrawn from the process.
All applications must be received by Wednesday 19th June. Applications will be reviewed when received, so early applications are encouraged. When applying, please state whether your application is for the permanent or fixed term post.
Telephone interviews will be conducted between 3rd – 7th June;¬†Face to Face Interviews will be on 10th, 11th and 17th June in Edinburgh and 14th, 20th and 21st in London.