Learn how to establish, build and manage a synthetic biology-rich biotechnology company
The SynbiCITE ‚Äò4-Day MBA: More Business Acumen‚Äô course will run from 10th-14th December 2017 in London.
In 2015, 35% of employers in engineering and technology-based business stated that the skills gap in new employees‚Äô ‚ÄòBusiness Acumen‚Äô is of almost the same magnitude as that for industry experience and is a considerable problem (IET ‚ÄòSkills & Demands in Industry‚Äô 2016 Survey).
The¬†SynbiCITE ‚Äò4-Day MBA: More Business Acumen‚Äô¬†is an interactive course that covers the main strategies required to establish, build and manage a synthetic biology-rich biotechnology company with particular focus on set-up, funding and intellectual property.
There are a few places still available – SynbiCITE particularly encourage those interested in synthetic biology, biotechnology and related disciplines and wanting to start-up a company to apply.¬†Limited to thirty places, applicants will be selected on the basis of their application and demonstration of their potential to take their inspiration to innovation and beyond.
Photo galleries are not available for content from the previous KTN website: we apologise for this.
The course is aimed at budding entrepreneurs, from postgraduates to seasoned academics who want to gain a thorough understanding and start a synthetic biology-rich business in the biotechnology sector.
- Learn how to turn a good idea into a real business opportunity
- Consider the main challenges for the industry ‚Äì both now and in the future ‚Äì and look at the main attributes required for biotech leadership
- Find out how to define the market opportunity
- Gain a thorough understanding of the biotechnology industry and high value manufacturing
- Understand how to protect intellectual property
- Understand about funding and how to go about getting your company funded
- Look at how much to raise and when, as well as how to value your business
- Discover when it‚Äôs the right time, when you‚Äôre ready and how to pitch to potential investors
- Get to grips with operational strategy in the biotech sector
- Learn how to align scientific, operational and commercial objectives, plus how to improve efficiency
- Master people management skills
- Consider the relative merits of building a team versus outsourcing, and the importance of communication
- Find out about business development, routes to exploitation and licensing strategy
- Look at the role of the leader in a biotech company
- Consider the role of the CEO and look at mentoring and coaching
You can find out more about course¬†here.
If you would like to discuss opportunities and support mechanisms for innovation in synthetic biology and biotechnology please contact a member of KTN’s Biotechnology Team.
If you enjoyed this news story, you might also like to read: