Net Zero Talk Episode 2 - Decarbonising Buildings for Net Zero
The Net Zero Talk podcast series is helping Local Authorities to explore, share and hear about the best practices to achieve Net Zero for all Places.
The Net Zero Places Innovation Network aims to make Net Zero in the UK a reality. We do this by supporting local/regional authorities and agencies to connect, collaborate, inform, share experiences and lessons learned, adopt innovation and to level up across the UK.
The Net Zero Talks Podcast series aims to hear from experts and Local Authorities on challenges and practical insights into different topics relating to how to achieve net zero in places.
In this episode, Nilam Banks discusses the importance for local authorities to decarbonise buildings to meet net zero with their special guests Mike Moseley, Knowledge Transfer Manager in the Construction at Innovate UK KTN and Jo Gay, Head of Climate Change at the Southend City Council.
Nilam Banks | Knowledge Transfer Manager – Place, Innovate UK KTN
Mike Moseley | Knowledge Transfer Manager – Construction, Innovate UK KTN
Jo Gay | Head of Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability Specialist, Southend Borough Council
- Join Net Zero Places Innovation Network Community here
- Watch the ‘Heating for Net Zero’ webinar series recordings
- Explore the current Funding: Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme
- Explore the tool to support creating the approach to Net Zero: Net Zero Navigator Tool
- Find some guidance on creating a Local Area Energy Plan (LAEP)
- Find some support in building a business case for net zero projects, contacting your local Net Zero Hub
- Discover Mike Moseley’s personal experience in decarbonising buildings by watching the recording of the webinar ‘Towards Zero Carbon Homes and Buildings: a Personal Journey’
Net Zero Talk: Episode 1 - What are the challenges and opportunities?
Innovate UK KTN’s Net Zero Talk podcast series is helping Local Authorities to explore, share and hear about the best practices to achieve Net-Zero for all Places.
Industrial Energy Transformation Fund Podcast Series
Innovate UK KTN and The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) are pleased to share this short podcast series with you. The discussions led by Innovate UK KTN’s Jenni McDonnell MBE will talk to different stakeholders including policy makers, industrial sites and delivery partners who are helping industrial sites to understand what they could achieve by taking advantage of this opportunity.