SEEDBED: The pre-accelerator programme to drive the agri-food entrepreneurs of tomorrow
The EIT Food Seedbed Pre-Accelerator Programme is open for applications until 26th April 2019.
This multi-location pre-accelerator programme will train and support up to 18 teams over a 4-month period. Selected¬†teams will be provided with the tools, connections, mentors and expertise to help them better understand the needs of their customers and validate their business idea. At the end of the program, participants with have the opportunity to pitch their idea to a panel of industry experts to not only receive constructive feedback but also the chance to win one of three equity-free cash prizes.
Held in Northern Ireland, Spain and Poland, EIT Food Seedbed will support innovators and entrepreneurs from across Europe to go out and meet with potential customers.¬† Through conversations with up to 100 relevant customers, participants will gain invaluable insights to help them build something that customers are willing to pay for, the key requirement to successfully launch a scalable business.¬† At each location, entrepreneurs will receive:
- training at a 4-day residential bootcamp (in June/July) using the ‚Äòlean‚Äô approach to Business Model Generation
- a travel bursary to go out and speak to potential customers
- an invitation to a final event where you will pitch your validated business idea to a panel of industry experts
- mentorship by leading agri-food sector players and world renowned academics with specialised knowledge and skills to develop food sector innovation
- the opportunity to win¬†equity-free cash prizes (up to ‚Ç¨20,000)
You can find out more about the eligibility criteria and how to apply here.