Sport England Innovation Open Call
Sport England is looking for innovative solutions to support people most affected by Covid-19.
KTN has many networks in many different industry sectors but we’re also keen to expand our reach and connections looking outside the more traditional areas we work in. Cross-sectoral work is crucial, particularly at this time, which is why we think this open innovation call from Sport England is so important.
Many people are facing significant, disproportionate barriers to being active during the Covid-19 outbreak. This open call from Sport England is aiming to support innovative solutions that respond to these challenges, helping those most affected so they can be active at this time.
Sport England is looking for solutions from individuals and organisations specifically developed to support women, people on low incomes, people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, disabled people or people living with long-term health conditions.
These solutions should address at least one of the challenges below, as they’re the most likely to be affecting the Sport England target groups:
- Changes in circumstances: when faced with change due to financial pressures or increased caring responsibilities, certain groups may no longer feel able to invest time and/or money, or may lack the headspace needed to think about, plan, or invest the effort it takes to be active.
- Mental health: certain groups of people are more likely to be experiencing new or worsening feelings of depression, stress, loneliness or anxiety, reducing their likelihood to be physically active.
- Digital exclusion: faced with a continued period of enforced social distancing or isolation, people who are unable to, or who do not have access to digital channels, may not have the opportunity to be physically active.
This open call is designed to be flexible and Sport England will respond to the changing situation and may update the open call may be updated; it is advisable to keep checking their website here for the latest information.
Sport England will support successful submissions to make a positive difference to the challenges outlined within the next six months. This support could include:
- Access to Sport England’s connections
- Advice from experts in the sport and physical activity sector
- Access to industry-leading research and insight into activity trends and motivations
- A possible award of up to £50,000, from a potential £1m pot of National Lottery funding
To find out more and submit an application, click here. The open call will close on Wednesday 24 June at noon.