TechFest Accelerator Award 2019 - Entry deadline extended
The TechFest Accelerator offers a unique platform for small firms to pitch their innovative solutions to the industry.
New Civil Engineer‚Äôs TechFest is an immersive gathering of the brightest minds in civil engineering. Responding to the industry‚Äôs need to support and encourage innovation, the Festival addresses the industry‚Äôs biggest technology challenges and stimulates opportunities for innovation. With a packed programme including thought-provoking main stage talks, inspiring live-judged shortlist presentations and industry challenge competitions, TechFest 2019 is one not to miss!
Five of the most innovative small firms in the UK will be invited to pitch their solutions live on stage at TechFest,¬†in front of an Accelerator judging panel and the wider audience, who will put their questions to the pitchers before voting on their favourite pitch.¬†The winner will be announced at the Festival gala dinner on the evening of Thursday 26 September.
Does your company have an innovative and bold solution that will drive enhanced outcomes in any of the following areas?
1. Water leakage¬†‚Äì how can water companies direct resources more effectively to achieve leakage reduction targets?
2. Highways and railways O&M knowledge¬†- how can digital twins help prevent the loss of asset and process knowledge when experienced O&M leave their roles?
3. Transport infrastructure carbon¬†‚Äì how can a better understanding of supply and demand dynamics help to reduce transport emissions?
4. Energy efficiency and independence¬†‚Äì in pursuit of net-zero carbon emissions, how can buildings and infrastructure assets a) reduce demand and b) become self-sufficient or net contributors of green energy?
5. Climate risk¬†‚Äì how can risks to buildings and infrastructure assets (and the services they provide) be better identified and quantified; and how can those risks be managed/mitigated?
Entry deadline for Techfest Accelerator Award 2019 has been extended to Friday 23rd¬†August – enter with just 500 words!
Visit the¬†website¬†for further information and to view the complete criteria.