Tourism Augmented Reality Challenge
Organisations can apply for a share of ¬£200,000 to develop tourism-focused innovations using Augmented Reality.
Tourism NI, working in conjunction with partners¬†Digital Catapult NI¬†and the¬†Department for the Economy, are looking for innovative AR (Augmented Reality) solutions that meet one or more of the following objectives:
- Animation of the visitor experience
- Enhancement of interpretation and storytelling
- Improved visitor management solutions: encouraging visitors to explore beyond traditional honey pots to alleviate existing capacity issues
- Increased regional spread: by fostering connections with other places and stories within Northern Ireland
- Way-finding: helping people of all abilities and language requirements to seamlessly find their way around and between tourist attractions.
- 18 October 2018 – Contest opens
- 19 November 2018(noon) – Submission deadline
- 23 November 2018 – Shortlisted companies notified
- 27 November 2018 – Live pitch and panel Q&A
- 3 December 2018 – Winners notified