Vacancy: Knowledge Transfer Manager - Security and Defence
The KTN is recruiting for a Knowledge Transfer Manager to cover Security and Defence, within the Complex Systems area.
Reporting to: Senior Manager ‚Äì Head of Complex Systems
Scope: Defence and Security Industry Sectors
Location: Home or office based working with considerable UK travel
Salary: KTM Level 3: ¬£45,500 – ¬£60,000 (depending on experience)
The role will provide general support across the Complex Systems team, focusing on Defence and Security, including working with major defence primes (and their supply chains) and interaction with their customers in MoD, Home Office, and the Security and Intelligence agencies. This role will form the key enabling role for KTN‚Äôs engagement with the Defence and Security industry sectors.
The role requires meeting KTN Key Performance Indicators with particular attention to business interaction, Innovate UK support and engagement with relevant Research Councils.
Grade: Knowledge Transfer Manager; note that the jobholder requires significant knowledge and experience of the industries served.
- Development and support for KTN and Innovate UK delivery plans
- Building and maintaining active industry communities, including having a good understanding of the innovation landscape in the area ‚Äì preferably first hand
- Operating the Defence and Security Advisory Board, an industry-focused group of senior players within the Defence and National Security sectors with interest in innovation
- Strategic company engagement, establishing and maintaining the top level stakeholder contacts in these industries
- Managing specific tasks to successful delivery, including cross cutting projects
- Facilitating networking across communities and inspiring colleagues across KTN, matching end-user requirements for defence and security with innovative and novel solutions from the wider supply chain (across all technology areas and market sectors)
- Reporting and KPIs
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 15th December 2017.