Automotive Transformation Fund Expression of Interest: Round 11
UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £1 billion for capital centric investment projects that help industrialise the electrified automotive supply chain at scale in the UK.
For industry led projects, your total grant funding must not exceed 50% of your total eligible project costs. The ATF grant can cover up to 70% of this (i.e. maximum of 35% of project costs) depending on business size.
Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC)
The Automotive Transformation Fund (ATF) is a new programme that aims to establish a competitive and sustainable UK supply chain.
It offers a share of up to £1 billion of funding for capital and associated industrial research projects. This will be to support the industrialisation of a high value, electrified automotive supply at scale in the UK.
This is an expression of interest (EoI) competition. If your application is successful, you will be invited to apply to a full stage competition strand when it is published.
To lead a project or work alone your organisation must:
- be a UK registered business of any size
- carry out its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
- address the requirements of the Automotive Transformation Fund
To collaborate with the lead, your organisation must be a UK registered business, academic institution, charity, not-for-profit, public sector organisation or research and technology organisation (RTO).
Your project must support the industrialisation at scale of an electrified automotive supply chain.
Your total eligible project costs and project duration must be appropriate and in proportion to the planned objectives and prioritisation within the Automotive Transformation Fund.
To discuss if your project falls outside of the eligibility criteria, you must contact the Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC) directly at ATF@apcuk.co.uk at least 10 days before the competition closes. APC will decide whether to approve your request.
Your application can focus on one of these:
- capital investment only
- capital and associated R&D activity
Your proposal must prioritise the scale up in areas mentioned in the Automotive Transformation Strategy. Your project can focus on one or more of the following:
- cathode materials and manufacturing
- anode materials and manufacturing
- cell assembly components (including separators)
- cell or module assembly
- cell testing
- battery pack components
- battery pack assembly and test
Motors and drives
- magnet materials and manufacturing
- electrical steel materials and manufacturing
- electrical machine assembly
- drive line components
- assembly and test into complete drive unit
- wide band gap semi-conductors
- power electronics assembly
- bipolar plates
- gas diffusion layer
- air handling systems
- balance of power
- fuel cell stack assembly
- storage tanks
- fuel delivery (where specifically required for development purposes)
- fuel cells
- power electronics
The Automotive Transformation Fund provides detailed information on the specific themes of this competition.
If you want help to find a project partner, contact KTN’s Transport team.