Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) Phase 2: Summer 2022
Phase 2 of the IETF provides grant funding for feasibility and engineering studies, and for the deployment of industrial energy efficiency and deep decarbonisation projects.
IETF Phase 2: Summer 2022 provides up to £70 million of grant funding for the following project types:
- studies – feasibility and engineering studies to enable companies to investigate identified energy efficiency and decarbonisation projects prior to making an investment decision
- energy efficiency – deployment of technologies to reduce industrial energy consumption
- deep decarbonisation – deployment of technologies to achieve industrial emissions savings
The Phase 2: Summer 2022 competition is open to businesses of any size registered and operating in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. Some IETF funding rules may differ for businesses based in Northern Ireland.
If your site is based in Scotland, you can apply for the Scottish Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (SIETF): contact IETF@gov.scot for more information.
Your business must operate an existing site which falls into one of the following SIC codes:
Eligible industrial processes and their SIC codes
Mining and quarrying: 05101 through to 05200, 07100 through to 08990, and 09900
Manufacturing: 10000 through to 33200
Recovery and recycling of materials: 38320
Data centre: 63110
Please check the SIC code you were allocated at the time of registering at Companies House. If the parent company SIC Code does not reflect the activity carried out at your site, for example where a data centre is owned by a telecoms company, you may still be eligible.
The funding will be awarded as grants towards the total costs of successful proposals. Your proposal must fall within the stated minimum and maximum award thresholds below:
Energy efficiency deployment projects: £100,000 to £14 million
Deep decarbonisation deployment projects: £100,000 to £30 million
Engineering studies: £50,000 (total eligible cost) to £14 million
Feasibility studies: £30,000 (total eligible cost) to £7 million
How to apply
The Summer 2022 competition is open to applications:
- read the guidance
- watch a step-by-step video tutorial of how to complete the IETF application form
- complete and submit the application form by 3pm on Friday 9 September 2022
Stakeholder events and clinics
BEIS run events and clinics throughout the competition window to inform businesses about the scope of the competitions, eligibility criteria and the application process. These are also opportunities for you to speak to us directly about potential projects and applications for funding:
- register for fortnightly IETF Phase 2 stakeholder clinics, Tuesday 28 June – Tuesday 30 August 2022, 10am to 11am
If you would like advice or help to find a collaboration partner, contact Innovate UK KTN’s Energy team.