Knowledge Transfer Manager - Innovation Adoption
At Innovate UK KTN we connect ideas, people, and communities to drive innovation that changes lives.
Innovation is complex. The journey from idea to market is not straightforward and requires a diverse range of know-how, investment, market knowledge and research. Innovate UK KTN exists to connect innovators with new partners and new opportunities beyond their existing thinking – accelerating ambitious ideas into real-world solutions.
The future holds both challenges and opportunities. We are passionate about working with innovative businesses to overcome these challenges and shape the opportunities and solutions that follow.
Our vision is to create a network of innovators so powerful its ideas will change the world.
While business is at the heart of our work, our diverse connections span government, funders, research and the third sector. This unrivalled overview and connectivity enable us to be a trusted guide through a complex global landscape of research, development, and innovation.
Purpose of the Role
To accelerate the adoption of new innovations by business, as well as the ‘diffusion’ of these innovations to drive positive impact across new industrial sectors and regions of the UK.
Initially this will focus on the in-year implementation and delivery of a Pilot programme, which focusses on innovation adoption for Net Zero in four distinct sub- regional locations across the UK.
In parallel to this there is a requirement to scope Innovation Adoption and Diffusion delivery plans for 2023 and 2024, taking into considerations any learnings from the Pilot work.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Take ownership of the implementation and delivery of the Innovation Adoption and Diffusion Pilot, working effectively with relevant team members internally as well as key stakeholders externally
- Set targets, track and report progress, publicise initiatives, and work across the business internally and externally to achieve the objectives of the Pilot programme.
- Lead on the development of Innovation Adoption and Diffusion programme plans for a further 2 years of activity, to include clear objectives, programme deliverables and resource requirements (financial budget and staff time)
- As required provide support to shaping and supporting the ongoing development and delivery of the Innovate UK KTN Net Zero Programme.
- To be compelling as a facilitator, coordinating and engaging with internal and external stakeholders for effective delivery.
- To directly engage with businesses and relevant stakeholders, providing support through knowledge transfer, making relevant new connections and facilitating impactful collaborations.
- To plan and deliver dissemination, scoping and networking meetings and events in collaboration with Reach & Engagement colleagues, encouraging cross-sector involvement.
- To seek opportunities for KTN, with potential for new and additional revenue streams.
- To contribute to KTN wide communications (e.g. yammer, Zoom) and projects, helping colleagues as required.
- To track progress of businesses to determine outcomes resulting from KTN interventions, seeking case studies and metrics (KPI) capture.
- To actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) in all work and support the organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on ED&I.
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or relevant industry experience
- Project Management qualification and/or relevant experience such as experience of delivering multi-stakeholder, complex projects
- Demonstrable interest and understanding of implementing innovation strategies and action plans
- Strong understanding of the UK innovation landscape, ideally cross-sectorial, with specific expertise in Net Zero, place-based innovation, and innovation adoption
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement, with a good external profile and established network.
- This role requires a highly motivated, self-starting and results oriented individual
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently and build effective relationships.
- Team player with good relationship building and influencing skills; able to interact with and understand the needs and capabilities of a wide variety of stakeholders
- Enjoys working in a collaborative manner in an open, honest, and diverse environment.
- A good communicator with well-developed written and verbal skills, able to communicate complex ideas clearly and persuasively across multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders, explaining complicated matters simply.
- Flexible, reliable, and adaptable with good time management skills.
- Comfortable working autonomously with little supervision or as a team member as required.
- High level of IT literacy, with excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Highly numerate and analytical, with the ability to think strategically.
- Subject to any restrictions prevailing at the time, willingness and ability to undertake domestic travel when required
- This role has a salary between £43,500 – £50,000 pa depending on experience.
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
- Enhanced Pension Plan.
- Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme.
This advert will close on Tuesday 30th August at 9am, though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised.
First stage interviews – 1st & 2nd September 2022.
Second stage interviews – 8th September 2022.
Please apply by submitting a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your CV outlining your experience.
The postholder will be home based or out of our London, Harwell or Edinburgh offices with frequent UK travel.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided. Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Recruitment Team by email to email@example.com.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Innovate UK KTN strives to be a diverse and inclusive place where we can all be ourselves. We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of colour, LGBTQ+ community, women, disabled people, people of any age or family status. We know that diversity makes us stronger and we strive to create a working environment that is inclusive, and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to removing barriers for individuals with conditions, illnesses or disabilities and we will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, and in their future role.
If you would like to request any reasonable adjustment, for any part of the recruitment process (including application), please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.