Horizon Europe ‘Culture, Creativity and Inclusive Society’ Consortia Building Event
Innovate UK KTN Global Alliance are delighted to invite potential applicants from across EU Member States, Associated States and third Countries, to participate in the Horizon Europe ‘Culture, Creativity and Inclusive Society’ consortia building event taking place on 27 January 2022.
Webinar recording and slides are now available
The webinar will be a chance to network and find potential consortium partners for the Horizon Europe Cluster 2 (Culture, Creativity and Inclusive Society) Destination 1 (Innovative research on democracy and governance) and Destination 3 (Innovative research on social and economic transformations) call topics listed below.
Destination 1: Innovative research on democracy and governance (9 topics)
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-DEMOCRACY-01-01: Artificial intelligence, big data and democracy
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-DEMOCRACY-01-02: The future of democracy and civic participation
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-DEMOCRACY-01-03: The impact of inequalities on democracy
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-DEMOCRACY-01-04: Education for democracy
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-DEMOCRACY-01-05: Evolution of political extremism and its influence on contemporary social and political dialogue
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-DEMOCRACY-01-06: Media for democracy – democratic media
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-DEMOCRACY-01-07: Politics and the impact of online social networks and new media
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-DEMOCRACY-01-08: Representative democracy in flux
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-DEMOCRACY-01-09: Global governance for a world in transition: Norms, institutions, actors
Destination 3: Innovative research on social and economic transformations (10 topics)
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-TRANSFORMATIONS-01-01: Public policies and indicators for well-being and sustainable development
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-TRANSFORMATIONS-01-02: The impact of spatial mobility on European demographics, society, welfare system and labour market
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-TRANSFORMATIONS-01-03: Conditions of irregular migrants in Europe
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-TRANSFORMATIONS-01-04: Decision-making processes of (aspiring) migrants
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-TRANSFORMATIONS-01-05: Gender and social, economic and cultural empowerment
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-TRANSFORMATIONS-01-06: Overcoming discrimination for an inclusive labour market
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-TRANSFORMATIONS-01-07: Conditions for the successful development of skills matched to needs
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-TRANSFORMATIONS-01-08: Strengthening racial, ethnic and religious equality
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-TRANSFORMATIONS-01-09: Return and readmission of irregular migrants in the EU
- HORIZON-CL2-2022-TRANSFORMATIONS-01-10: Socio-economic effects of ageing societies
Please note: This event is not an information dissemination event, but will focus on pitching of project ideas and brokering partnerships for European Research and Innovation collaborations and networking. It’s ideal for those who have identified specific call topics or at least areas of interest, and are ready to take the next steps, discussing concrete project ideas with potential partners and going forward to a proposal submission. If you still need support with understanding Cluster 2, its Work Programme and scope of call topics, we would like to refer you in the first instance to the recording from our Horizon Europe Cluster 2 Event which took place in June 2021. All other Cluster event recordings and slides can also be found via the same link. The NCP Team and Innovate UK KTN are available to answer your questions and arrange a call separately.
Who can attend?
The event is suitable for anyone with an interest in collaborating in European Research and Innovation projects and who is looking to submit a proposal idea or join a consortium for one of the forthcoming 2022 Horizon Europe Call Topics in Cluster 2 listed above. Delegates from all European Member States, Associated States and third Countries are welcome and encouraged to attend the event.
Why should I attend?
This Horizon Europe Cluster 2 event will help you find partners to form international collaborations and strategic partnerships. The key focus of the event will be to provide hands-on advice to give you the final boost and get you ready for submission into the forthcoming 2022 Horizon Europe calls. There will be the opportunity to present a pitch about your project idea or your capability offering, and you’ll be able to talk to pitch presenters and other delegates in small groups and / or in 1-1 meetings. The UK National Contacts Point Team and Innovate UK KTN’s European Programmes Team will also be available for 1-1 meetings to answer any specific or more confidential questions. Make the most of the pitching and 1-1 meeting opportunities and indicate on your registration form whether you wanted to take advantage of these.
In the case that we exceed capacity for these events, we will prioritise registrants that are working on or planning to work on a Horizon Europe proposal submission, and we reserve the right to limit the numbers of registrants coming from the same organisation.
*Horizon Europe is the European Funding Framework Programme which follows on from its predecessor Horizon 2020. It will run for seven years from 2021 to 2027. The total budget set for the programme is €95.5 billion. There are six Clusters under Pillar 2: Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness.
Timings are GMT, there will be breaks throughout the day.
- 09:30 – Welcome and Introduction | Innovate UK KTN
- 09:35 – Introduction to Horizon Europe | Innovate UK KTN
- 09:45 – Overview of Cluster 2 work programme (Cluster 2 – 2022 calls ) | Anni Laihanen, NCP Cluster 2, ESRC
- 10:05 – Case Study 1 | Professor Michael Mulqueen, University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN)
- 10:10 – Case Study 2 | Dr Fiona Maine, University of Cambridge
- 10:15 – Q&A
- 10:35 – How to get ready for Horizon Europe and find the right partners? | Anni Laihanen, NCP Cluster 2, UKRI / Dominik Klinkenberg, NCP, DLR Germany / Monique Longo and Natalia Morazzo, NCPs, APRE Italy
- 11:05 – Q&A
- 11:25 – Pitches
- 12:15 – Close and Networking