Analysis for Innovators - briefing and webcast
Up to ¬£3m of funding available to help UK businesses address measurement or analysis problems.
The latest round of the Analysis for Innovators (A4I) programme from Innovate UK and its partners (NPL, NEL, LGC & STFC) has now opened with up to ¬£3m available in total for Round 3. Funding will be available for successful Round 3 A4I projects.
Partners on this project:
- Innovate UK
- NPL – National Physical Laboratory
- NEL – National Engineering Laboratory (part of the¬†T√úV S√úD group), measuring flow
- LGC -¬†Laboratory of the Government Chemist
- STFC – Science and Technology Facilities Council
Companies who are interested in applying should register to attend our event on 3rd September 2018. You can attend in person at¬†etc.venues Prospero House, Borough High Street, London, or you can register for the webcast and watch online, with a live chat facility.
A4I is a very different programme from Innovate UK ‚Äì as it is designed to help UK businesses address difficult problems that restrict their potential productivity and competitiveness. The scope is very wide (chemical, physical, biological and computing) but the problems must be of a measurement or analysis nature.
A4I targets real industry problems that exist with existing products and processes. As such it is of interest to companies that have not traditionally considered applying for funding. Any size of business, with any type of measurement or analysis problem, are eligible to apply.
To submit a problem to Stage 1, you simply have 4 questions to answer:
1) What is the problem;
2) What have you tried before if anything to solve it;
3) What do you estimate the savings to the business would be if this problem is solved and why;
4) State the location and password of a short video uploaded which helps describe your problem, if you want to record one.
The first two rounds of the¬†Analysis for Innovators¬†programme have helped many companies to overcome problems that limit productivity by helping companies to use the expertise and facilities at NPL, LGC, NEL and STFC. Examples of the companies that were funded under A4I Round 1 can be found at:¬†Analysis for Innovators winning projects.