AToMS 2018: A new conference on Phase Equilibria and Thermodynamics for the UK
Tuesday 26 June, Sheffield
1st Annual Thermodynamics of Materials Symposium
The 1st Annual Thermodynamics of Materials Symposium (AToMS2018) will take place on the 26 June 2018 hosted at the University of Sheffield. This one day meeting will bring together people working in the areas of phase equilibria and thermodynamics and associated fields. The aims of the meeting are to discuss current research (both experimental and computational) and to develop a UK network of scholars and practitioners with an interest in phase equilibria and thermodynamics.
Oral and poster contributions from participants are invited – see the call for papers page for details of abstract submission.¬† The deadline for submission is 30 March 2018.
Full details are available on the conference website. Topics include:
- Experimental phase equilibria, thermodynamics and kinetics
- Thermodynamic and diffusion modelling
- Ab-initio (first-principles) calculations
- CALPHAD assessments and database development
- Applications of phase equilibria and thermodynamics in materials science, chemistry and geology
- Abstract deadline ‚Äì 30 March 2018
- Notification of abstract acceptance ‚Äì 30 April 2018
- Early bird registration deadline ‚Äì 26 May 2018
- Conference ‚Äì 26 June 2018
For more information please visit the AToMs website.