How can your business eliminate plastic waste entering the environment? Challenges, solutions and funding opportunities
The next UKCPN Business Breakfast event has been announced as taking place on 26th March in Cardiff. Registration now open.
The¬†UK Circular Plastics Network¬†is running a series of events to introduce potential opportunities for your business to reduce plastic waste and also understand the actual challenges you have, both now and in the future.
The latest event to be announced is a¬†a business breakfast event by the UK Circular Plastics Network and WRAP Cymru taking place on Thursday 26th March in Cardiff focused on the following topic: “How can your business eliminate plastic waste entering the environment? Challenges, solutions and funding opportunities.”
The event is now open for registrations – you can register here.
This event is open to companies from all sectors and will help companies to learn about innovations, funding and support to reduce/eliminate plastic waste entering the environment. The event will be of particular interest to manufacturers, particularly in Wales, involved in the use of plastic and textiles to learn about opportunities for incorporating and specifying more recycled content in products. The event will take place in Cardiff City Centre.
Are you a business who‚Ä¶?
- Manufactures plastics and/or products containing plastic (incl. synthetic textiles) in Wales?
- Operates as a business intermediary, working with manufacturers in Wales?
- Designs, uses, discards, re-uses, recycles plastic or plastic containing products?
- Wants to find out more about UK and Wales government-funded initiatives to work sustainably with plastics (incl. technical textiles)?
- Wants to learn about local manufacturers working sustainably with plastics?
- Wants to learn about trials that are being undertaken to demonstrate how barriers to using recycled content can be overcome?
- Is interested in discussing the challenges you have, or are expecting to have, to work sustainably with plastics?
- Is interested in discussing solutions/innovations you have, or are developing, to work sustainably with plastics?
If any of the above apply to you, you are invited to register for this event by the UK Circular Plastics Network in collaboration with WRAP Cymru. The UKCPN initiative is supported by UKRI and delivered by the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN), and forms part of the Plastics Research Innovation Fund (PRIF).
Peterborough Event – Tuesday 17th March, Allia Future Business Centre at Peterborough United Football Club
This Peterborough based event is open to all sectors, but we are particularly keen to get the views from the local farming and food¬†manufacturing¬†organisations.
The speakers will focus on the¬†agriculture sector, highlighting the¬†environmental¬†effects and discussing solutions to¬†reduce single use plastics, for example, silage wrap, silage sheets, bale net, bale twine, mulch film, greenhouse film, tunnel film, food packaging and labelling.
Are you an organisation who:
- Designs, makes, uses, discards, re-uses, recycles plastic or plastic containing products?
- Wants to find out more about government funded initiatives to work sustainably with plastics?
- Want to hear from local businesses working sustainably with plastics?
- Want to learn about recent innovations and technology developments?
- Want to learn how Circular Economy can help your business become more sustainable?
- Is interested in discussing the challenges you have or expecting to have to work sustainably with plastics?
- Is interested in discussing solutions/innovations you have or developing to work sustainably with plastics?