Vacancy: Knowledge Transfer Manager, AgriFood ‚Äì Livestock and Aquaculture
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join us in supporting AgriFood companies, particularly in livestock and aquaculture.
The role will facilitate business growth and help promote and drive knowledge transfer between the science and technology base and industry, promoting networking and stimulating innovation relevant to AgriFood businesses. You will help catalyse the development of new technology enabled products and processes across the wide range of sectors and industries that will benefit business, the economy, the environment and society.
The post will be varied, working with businesses across the AgriFood sector but with a focus on opportunities driven by industrial challenges of the livestock and aquaculture industries. An appreciation of, or experience in, the use of biosciences within the livestock industries is needed.
Reporting to: Head of AgriFood.
Grade: Knowledge Transfer Manager (KTM1)
Salary: ¬£30,906pa-¬£38,634pa (depending on experience)
Location: Home or office based working, with considerable UK travel expected. ¬†
- Deliver and assist in the support of new funding streams related to industrial challenges relevant to AgriFood.
- Deliver and assist in the development of an agriculture work programme within the KTN.
- Prepare future work programmes in agreement with stakeholders and team members.
- Support the development of cross-cutting application areas such as precision agriculture, digital, bioeconomy, design etc. for the benefit of agricultural stakeholders.
- Identify and monitor trends and opportunities for innovation through interaction with business and the technology base.
- Ensure that industry is aware of the funding opportunities within the livestock and aquaculture research and innovation sphere.
- Facilitate networking opportunities for industry to meet with peers and potential collaborators through the organisation of workshops and other meetings etc.
- Visit companies, research institutions and universities, mainly within the UK, to understand their R&D needs and innovation capabilities.
- Work with the AgriFood team to understand the technology needs and opportunities for the growth of UK Industry and the scientific capabilities of the research base, facilitating the transfer of knowledge within and between these groups and the establishment of collaborations.
- Help understand and facilitate access to Innovation support mechanisms for businesses and to help develop funding and investment applications.
- Promote the benefits of KTN and innovation within a business context to the UK sector including the preparation of promotional material and the use of various media.
- Display and maintain a good scientific and technical awareness in a broad range of topics of relevance to the UK capability and industry needs.
- Liaise closely with KTN staff across all sectors and technologies to ensure a good understanding of the other sector activities, to ensure well informed and integrated working.
- Contribute to the writing of articles for newsletters, blogs of interest to our members.
- Help to organise meetings, workshops, networking events and exchange programmes in a variety of commercial and scientific areas.
- Undertake necessary administrative duties including the timely completion of accurate reports, meeting minutes and expenses.
- Work within the KTN structure in a flexible manner, e.g. take part in joint activities with colleagues in other teams.
To see the full job description, click here.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.¬†Closing date for all applications is Friday 30th November 2018.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK, as sponsorship is not provided.