Eureka Eurostars 3: call 3
UK registered organisations can apply for a share of up to £2.5 million for collaborative research with organisations from participating Eureka Eurostars members countries.
UK applicants can apply for total grant of up to €360,000 for each project for each eligible UK project partner, or 60% of total eligible project costs, whichever is the least.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, is investing up to £2.5 million to fund collaborative research and development (CR&D) projects focused on industrial research.
This competition is open in theme and we will fund projects from all sectors, which meet eligibility criteria. Your project must have high market potential and develop at least one of the following:
- innovative products
- technology-based applications
- technology-based services
Projects must include at least one partner from within the Eurostars network.
To apply, you must fulfil the six eligibility criteria:
- Your consortium is led by an innovative SME from a Eurostars country.
- Your consortium includes entities from at least two Eurostars countries, the entities concerned must be independent from each other.
- The budget of the SME(s) from a Eurostars country, excluding subcontracting, is 50% or more of the total project cost.
- No single participant or country is responsible for more than 70% of the project budget.
- The project duration is 36 months or less.
- The project has an exclusively civilian purpose.
To be eligible for grant funding from Innovate UK your collaboration:
- must include at least one UK registered business micro, small or medium sized enterprise (SME) – for more information on company sizes, please refer to the company accounts guidance
- must include at least one eligible partner from one of the Eureka Eurostars members countries participating in the competition
- can last up to 36 months
- must be collaborative
In the UK, only UK registered innovative SMEs are eligible for funding. More than one UK SME can be involved in each project. These SMEs must not be dormant, and must be able to resource your participation.
Non-SME organisations can take part but must self-fund or use funds from other sources. A non-grant claiming UK partner cannot lead on a project.
For industrial research projects, you could get funding for your eligible project costs of up to €360,000 or 60% project costs, whichever is lower.
Your collaborative R&D proposal must demonstrate:
- a clear game-changing or disruptive innovative idea leading to new products, processes or services
- a strong and deliverable business plan that addresses (and documents) market potential and needs
- sound, practical financial plans and timelines
- good value for money, which will always be a consideration in Innovate UK funding decisions
- a clear, evidence-based plan to deliver significant economic impact, return on investment (ROI) and growth through commercialisation, as soon as possible after project completion
- clear, considerable potential to significantly benefit the UK economy or national productivity
- the benefit of participants from the countries working together and how this adds value
- a clear definition of where intellectual property (IP) can be used and shared between the participants and countries
- a clear route to market within 2 to 3 years of project completion
If you want help to find a project partner, contact Innovate UK KTN’s Global Alliance team in the first instance.
An online briefing event will be held on 18th July: follow the link below for details.