AgriFood Africa Connect Map
Showcasing the AgriFood innovation landscape in Africa, the AgriFood Africa Connect Map makes it easier for UK and African organisations to collaborate on projects, provides information on the Agriculture and Food (AgriFood) sector across Africa, and helps connect innovators to enable collaboration and address key global challenges.
Showcasing the AgriFood innovation landscape in Africa
The AgriFood Africa Connect Map makes it easier for UK and African organisations to collaborate on projects, provides information on the Agriculture and Food (AgriFood) sector across Africa, and helps connect innovators to enable collaboration and address key global challenges.
Organisations on the map include research bodies, industry, government and NGOs that are involved in the AgriFood sector in the UK and Africa.
The AgriFood Africa Connect Map is part of AgriFood Africa Connect.
Why use the map?
- To visualise the African AgriFood sector as a whole and better understand it.
- To make better connections and identify future partners for innovative projects.
- To visualise information on the UK-Africa AgriFood funding ecosystem. Funded UK- Africa AgriFood projects are on the map, including details on partners and project locations.
What are the key features of the map?
- It allows you to search by country, organisation type or sector so you can easily find the connection you need.
- Each organisation has key contact and communication channels linked on the map, so you can reach out and start a conversation easily.
Connect with us and tell us what you think of the map
- Sign up to our AgriFood Africa Connect newsletter to keep up to date with news, funding and events about AgriFood in Africa.
- Add your organisation to the landscape map or request an edit
- Share your feedback on the map
The information on the map was collated by the KTN team based on the reach of AgriFood Africa Connect and UK funding for AgriFood in Africa. It will be updated by KTN and network members over time. It offers a reliable and up-to-date source of information on the UK-Africa AgriFood sector.
Related Events and Recordings
Food Industry Innovation 2021 – Food, Nutrition & Health
09.15 - 12.15 | Online
Energy innovation for sustainable processing and manufacturing in African AgriFood
09.30 - 12.00 | Online
African Aquaculture: Challenges and opportunities
09.30 - 12.45 | Online
Forgotten Foods UK Research Expertise and Capabilities Database
Forgotten foods describe crops that haven’t attracted sufficient research, development, and commercial attention.
African Aquaculture: Challenges and Opportunities - event roundup and next steps
In early April 2022, AgriFood Africa Connect brought together the aquaculture communities in Africa and the UK through our online “African Aquaculture: Challenges and Opportunities” event. 241 people joined us to discuss the challenges facing the industry in Africa and how collaboration and knowledge transfer could turn the challenges into opportunities.
Programmes related to AgriFood Africa Connect Map
Agrifood Africa Connect
AgriFood Africa Connect brings innovative people and organisations across the UK and Africa together to address key AgriFood challenges in Africa. We build diverse connections across the UK and Africa to drive positive change that aligns with the UK’s Overseas Development Assistance goals.