Request for proposals: AI for Services 2022 Report
We are seeking a contractor to help us to publish a report on AI technology adoption and business model transformation in the UK in the accountancy, insurance and legal services sectors.
Launched in 2018, the UKRI Next Generation Services Challenge is a £20 million pioneering programme aimed at stimulating the use and adoption of Artificial Intelligence and Data Technologies in the accountancy, insurance, and legal services sectors. Around forty projects have been awarded funding through the programme.
AI for Services is the Innovation Network underpinning the programme and delivered by Innovate UK KTN. The network brings together over 1,400 members including leading professionals and academics, high growth entrepreneurs and investors participating in events, receiving monthly email updates, and contributing to content publication. As part of the activities of the network, an industry UK wide mapping report was published in September 2020 providing up to date insight into the state of play of AI and data technologies for the accountancy, insurance, and legal services sectors.
With the current programme completing at the end of March 2022 and a larger new potential programme currently being developed, AI for Services, on behalf of UKRI, is seeking a contractor to help us to publish a second report.
This report aims to reflect on the advances made in technology adoption and business model transformation in the UK in the accountancy, insurance and legal services sectors since the programme was launched and explore future opportunities for innovation both at national and international level. The report shall also map out the UK private investment landscape for the sector highlighting both investors and companies’ perspectives.
In response to this request for proposals (RFP), please provide the following information:
• Initial research methodology
• Initial list of stakeholders to consult
• Initial list of documents to be reviewed
• Initial work plan
- A description of how you would meet the deliverables.
- Evidence of past or current relevant work.
- Evidence of domain knowledge in the service sector, namely accountancy, insurance, and legal.
- Evidence in domain knowledge in AI and data analytics applied to the services sector.
- Staff resources and CVs of professionals who will undertake the work.
- Professional Insurances in place.
- Partnerships or joint ventures with other organisations.
Schedule of Rates
- A proposed contract value, including a cost breakdown for all the deliverables detailed above. Prices and financial data must be provided in £ Sterling.
- 17th January 2022 | Proposal submission deadline
- by 21st January 2022 | Notification of results
- w/c 24th January 2022 | Contract awarded and kick off meeting
- w/c 7th February 2022 | Inception report
- Mid February 2022 | Survey and Interview Analysis
- End February 2022 | First iteration of full report
- Mid March 2022 | Signed off publication
The level of support provided by the selected organisation(s) and associated budget is yet to be confirmed but should not exceed £90,000 inclusive of VAT.
How to submit a proposal
Service providers must submit an electronic copy (in PDF format) of their response to the RFP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 17th January, no later than 17:00 (GMT).
Download the full details
For further details, download AI For Services 2022 Report Request For Proposals document.